Sign in to follow this  
bluetuna08

type of white?

bluetuna08

for my 1970 electro 12 I decided to paint the fly wheel screen and the PTO white as kind of a different touch. I also purchased a NOS head light delete plate for it that in the garage seemed to match all the decals and the white.

well...today I drove it outside for the first time and the white from the decals and the pure white spray can accents I put on do not match.

I cleaned off the wheels and they seem do match the decal color and the head light plate color.

my question is: does the 1970 electro 12 have the linen biege color? if not what is the type of white I should be using?

thanks

Teddy da Bear

To the best of my knowledge. Wheel horse "white" is actually a cream-white color.

DMESS

In the late '50's and '60's it was refered to as ivory. At some point in the late '60's early '70's it became know as Linen Beige. The only Horses I'm aware of that had true white wheels were the pewter colored Work Horses from the early '80's.

linen beige

In the late '50's and '60's it was refered to as ivory. At some point in the late '60's early '70's it became know as Linen Beige. The only Horses I'm aware of that had true white wheels were the pewter colored Work Horses from the early '80's.

:hide:

WheelHorse_of_course

Benjamin Moore's "Sail Cloth" is pretty close. Not available in enamel per se, but I am pretty sure you can get it in a gloss exterior house paint.

My house has this sail cloth color for its trim.

bluetuna08

does valspar make a version of this linen beige?

linen beige

No one markets a specific match for the Wheel Horse "Linen Beige". :hide:

There are some other colors that match pretty closely, such as Ford "Wimbledon white", Cub Cadet beige, even some of the generic "Almonds" and "Antique whites are close. Be careful if you go into a paint store and ask if they can match "Linen Beige". G.M. and Subaru are now using a color they call Linen beige, but it is a metallic paint. I've not done a side by side of this new shade against the old but it looks close from what I've seen. I wonder what it would look like with the metal flake left out of the mix?

sorekiwi

I wonder what it would look like with the metal flake left out of the mix?

Or leave it in for some extra bling! :hide:

PetesPonies

I would suggest having some Ford Whimbledon White mixed up. The color matched as close to perfect as you can get.

zootownjeepguy

I know that some of you "purists" will cringe while reading this, but a couple years ago I found a can of Rustoleum Canvas White spray paint that was almost an exact match. I used it on the wheels for my 401 Suburban. Yeah, I know, It's a spray bomb, But there's no mixing paint. And you don't have to clean the gun afterwards!

Duff

I know that some of you "purists" will cringe while reading this, but a couple years ago I found a can of Rustoleum Canvas White spray paint that was almost an exact match. I used it on the wheels for my 401 Suburban. Yeah, I know, It's a spray bomb, But there's no mixing paint. And you don't have to clean the gun afterwards!

Hi, Zootownjeepguy, and :thumbs: !

Nope - folks here don't cringe when it comes to rattle cans. The guys with the spray booths and nice guns accept the fact that a bunch of us just don't have the equipment or the talent (in my case, either one!) to spray 'em out like a body shop. Pretty easy going, respectful bunch of folks here. The main thing is no matter how you paint it, keeping the metal protected from rust is the primary objective, and if'n we can make 'em purty, that's so much the better!

Duff :thumbs2:

C-Series14

Rattle can all the way here. I use them and abuse them after restoring. They look fine, it is all about the prep, which I have yet to master!!! :thumbs2: I painted my deck with cans this spring and it is already scratched pretty good!!!