BPjunk

Hey ... isn't that like having the fox guard the chicken coop ?

rmaynard

Great idea Bill. I know most kids that drive their tractors around the show think they can drive better then we old folks...and they probably can. :auto-biker: 

But a little bit of Wild Bill Wisdom can't hurt a thing. Can't wait to see you there.

• Like 2

squonk

If you need some obstacles, I know a few guys who qualify! :)

• Like 5

nylyon

Can we nominate a few adults for the course as well :) 

• Like 4

AMC RULES

If you need some obstacles, I know a few guys who qualify! :)

​...and they got the scars to prove it too.  :ychain:

• Like 3

KC9KAS

Wild Bill, that sounds like a very good idea!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I think this is a fantastic idea.  The Sycamore, Ill Steam Power show requires everyone who wants to be in the parade to go through their class and they then wear a colored ribbon.  They do this for insurance purposes.  I don't know if the WHCC carries insurance for such things at the show, but Bill, if you have a class...does that make you or the WHCC liable???   I am not trying to start a thing here, just concerned that it only takes one idiot to ruin it all for everyone.  Maybe the kids parents have to sign a disclaimer??

The one nice thing about the WHCC show is that everyone can ride around the grounds all weekend.  Just playing the lawyer advocate.  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

BPjunk

Steve,
You bring viable points all of which I have already considered. First off yes the Annual Wheel Horse Show does carry insurance, flat out one can not hold a event and not be insured. The disclaimer does sound like a good idea and will be brought to the table at the board member meeting. Giving some common sense instructions on driving Wheel Horse tractors to make sure things run safely can not be a bad idea. A tyvek wrist band would show that the child was shown what not to do ( i.e. wheelies, racing, doughnuts, pull offs, more then one rider on the tractor .... you know Wild Bill's whole whole routine at a tractor show) and if caught  doing this while wearing a wrist band...... wellllllll ! Getting the parents to join in during the event also helps.

Wild Bill

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Bill, you know me and therefore you know that I was just trying to cover bases...very cool sir.  :)  Do you need some of us to wear stripped shirts and have whistles and be stationed at various locations??  Any help you need Bill...you knew that.  :)  See you at the show.

Again...it is so cool to be able to ride horses all weekend at this show...it is getting to be a rare thing at other shows.  I just hope parents will be responsible for their kids and not ruin it for all of us.  :eusa-think:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

muz123

great idea!