Sign in to follow this  
connor

Repower 606 with electric start

connor

I have a 1966 WH model 606 that currently has a 6HP HH60 Tecumseh. The engine runs great but I want to change over t an electric start engine. I want to do this because my 8 year old son who is the primary user of the tractor has a difficult time using the recoil starter. Also I want to run a pair of lights. The tractor is fitted with a 48" angle snow plow. Does anyone know of a good engine to swap for this? I don't want to spend a lot for a new engine and was hoping to find a used one. If I can't find a 12V elec start would a snowblower engine with 110V start work? I'm new to the WH tractors and any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Michael Bullington

Hi,

I would be on the look out for a H60 or HH60 with an electric start.or possibly a 6 or 8 hp kohler....although with any engine swap your looking at adding the wiring system, switch, battery tray and pulley change..

keep the ole pull start in the corner ,,,,more than likely you will want that back in the future

Michael

Duff

Hi, Matt,

Just wanted to say, :D! Lots of good folks here with great advice and a ton of knowledge to share.

And it's great to see you've got a young 'un interested in these machines! Glad to see you'te supporting his interest - so many other things kids can get into these days......

Again, :hide: ! Oh, if you hadn't figured it out from poking around here, we LOVE pictures!!!! :omg:

Glad to have you among us!

Duff :hide:

Drydock

The current Tecumseh Medium Frame 8 and 10 horse flatheads can easily be adapted, and are available with several alternator and starter options. (I bolted one into a 66 Lawn Ranger, replacing a dead H60)