Stigian

Why did I buy that? It's bigger than I thought!

Stigian

For a change it wasn't me that made a shopping mistake, it was Nigel... It gave us something to laugh about yesterday :lol:

For reasons I'm still not sure about Nigel bought a set of disk harrows from Fleabay not quite realizing how big they were!!

Of course Nigel had not turned up at the workshop when "Time Team" Dave dropped the harrow off, so Nigel's face when he turned up and saw the size was priceless :D

LRT19_zpstuuioxfp.jpg

What you can't quite see from the above photo is the front of the harrow was through the doors of my workshop, so it had to be moved....Ah.. No wheels on it!!

Only one thing for it, split it in two and borrow a forklift.. The rear discs went first..

LRT20_zpsazwgog3x.jpg

Followed by the fronts.

LRT21_zpsynwmr6ho.jpg

As fun as a forklift is they are not that good off road.. So the LandRover tug was called into action to finish the job.. So far so good..

LRT22_zpsi2twsniy.jpg

Until suddenly no steering!!   So the LR had to be abandoned where it was for the day.

LRT23_zpsr0qbwrhh.jpg

I wasn't there when the Landy was dragged back to Nigel's workshop but it turned out something that should of been fully welded was only tacked together!

If the video link thingy works, here's how Nigel broke the steering :D

• Like 1

mels

Oh look!  He snapped the steerin'!  :)

Nice little machine.  That front axle comes in handy.

Sparky

Big is right....didn't the outrageous shipping cost tip him off?
Mike.........

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I think the across the pond words are,,,,,,,,"I think were in a sticky wicket". Meaning in a jamb. Oh brother, now more stuff to fix.

Glenn