fixed some cracks today with brian

rangerfender-1.jpg

rangerfender.jpg :banana:

BairleaFarm

Looks good so far - looks like you got a lot of sanding to do

nwpahorseman

not really pitted bad but will need some filler around the welds

nwpahorseman

got the ags mounted and did the bodywork on the fender this weekend, still not sure what direction im gonna go with this tractor

agsrear.jpg

rangerside.jpg

pretty tight tire clearance going to have to put a washer or two under the fender, (just mud on the fender in the pic, could maybe squeeze a credit card between tire and fender )

tireclearance.jpg

:hide:

BairleaFarm

Great looking tires.

nwpahorseman

:D call me nuts but i put an 8 speed rear end and bigger spindles from a c-160 on the lawn ranger

powerrangerleft.jpg

powerrangerrear.jpg

powerrangerright.jpg

sorry about the yellow rims but they will get painted white sometime, got the shortframe plow mounted today and it looks cool. gonna eventually get an 8 horse kohler and some wheel weights, gotta fab a new belt guard too. :hide: :horseplay: :banana:

BairleaFarm

Great stance. I didnt know the rearends were interchangeable.

nwpahorseman

same 4 bolt pattern, bolted right up

kpinnc

You're not crazy horseman. Or, either we both are... :D

Come to think of it, BPjunk is the owner of the famous (or infamous, Hehe) Mighty Lawn Ranger Six Speed....

I just put an 8 speed in my L-157, and am using larger wheels/tires as well. Not quite as large as your's, but larger than factory.

Also added a K181 to replace the H60. I'm not a big fan of Teccys... :hide:

Looks real nice so far, keep those pics coming!

Kevin

saguaro

I'm suprized th rear wheels fit. Are the axles set lower in the gear box?

nwpahorseman

no there are 2 inch spacers between the fender and the body so the tires fit, i just want to tell everyone NOTHING has been butchered on this tractor so it could still be put back to original, it is in decent shape so i dont want to hack on it. (i guess i did drill 2 new holes for the hi-lo range shifter plate) but thats it. just want to put my own mark on it but dont want to destroy it, (there are plenty of tractors to do that to) but not this one. i will post pics of it with the plow as soon as i can get some more daylight (go to work early and come home usually after dark). gonna get it the way i want it then tear it apart and repaint it.

nwpahorseman

ok here we go with plow pics

this one is of the c-160 belt cover that i put on only had to redrill one hole in the cover

160cover.jpg

this one is a side shot, took off the yellow rims and put on the 160 rims with chains

plowside.jpg

rear shot

plowrear.jpg

front shot

plowfront.jpg

i can now take the spacers out from under the fenders so they sit back in the correct position with the big yellow wheels off and still have enough room for the chains. the 6 hp teccy seems to do ok but i really need an 8 hp kohler. i still have wheel weights to put on but i didnt need them yet we only got a couple inches of snow last night (maybe 4) and this thing pushed that around like nothing, even plowed a path up through the backyard so the dogs could get to the woods easier to go to the bathroom. :horseplay: :banana: think im gonna call this one a 1966 L-160 lawn ranger due to all the c-160 parts ive used.

oldandred

Looking mat the pictures now Im going to put a eight speed in my little stinkerIts a

65 Lawn Ranger with a diesel engine

nwpahorseman

i have to say i am having alot of fun with this little tractor, trust me if i could fit the 16 hp kohler in there without cutting the hood it would be on there! :hide:

poodle

Looking mat the pictures now Im going to put a eight speed in my little stinkerIts a

65 Lawn Ranger with a diesel engine

hey oldanred think we could get some pics of that diesel horse you created?

bell

I LIKE IT! You're giving me ideas for my "grass cutter" Lawn Ranger now... :hide:

Mine already has a recoil start K161 on it... The mower deck is LONG GONE... I was thinking about using a RD deck that I have laying around... But I knew that the LR sat too low. If I give her a little more height, I just might be able to make it work! Thanks for the pics! :D

nwpahorseman

picked up a 7 horse kohler today good compression but i havent fired it yet, might be going in the ranger, i'll keep everyone updated.

Suburban 550

Lookin' good. :hide: I really like the way that little tractor sits with them tires. Good luck with the 7 h.p. Kohler.

TJ

I like the looks of that tractor. :hide:

Knuckledragger

I could really use that lil Tecumseh for my '66 Lawn Ranger. I took mine apart only to have the rod come out in about 5 pieces and the crank journal looks like one of Edison's early wax cylinder recordings!

nwpahorseman

couple more pics with bigger ags and 8 inch fronts

Picture016.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture012.jpg :horseplay:

Duff

With the new rubber, that's what you'd call a MEAN MACHINE!!!!

Duff :thumbs:

nwpahorseman

put the c-160 fenders and seat on the ranger today, not sure if i like it or not

006.jpg

001-2.jpg :thumbs:

WHC-125

:whistle: Personally either fenderas look good on it :thumbs:

nwpahorseman

that big seat is comfortable :thumbs: