chip61

Parts Tractor

chip61

My friend found me a parts tractor. He helped me drag it home and I looked at it closer. I drained the fuel tank and cleaned the carburetor and had it running in about an hour! Motor oil and trans fluid were clean and apparently had been changed not long before it got parked. It's definitely not going to be used for parts!

20150523_123320.jpg

• Like 6

slovinski

Nice save, looks like a power wash and basic maintenance will make a real good tractor for you.  Cool trailer too.

Tankman

Good deal. Doesn't look like a parts Horse at all! :)

Shuboxlover

Is that a SnowCo trailer???

And great save on the horsie!!!

chip61

The ID tag says it's a Davis Hustler trailer, but it looks just like this Snowco trailer, so I'm guessing Davis re-badged it??
Here's a picture of an Allis Chalmers on a Snowco trailer
tow_bee.jpgHere's my trailer and Allis Chalmers I got from my parent's neighbors estate-sure looks like the same trailer to me.
IMG_20110919_111939.jpg
The neighbor bought the trailer new in 1970, and he  used it to transport his ditch digger or this tractor. It's a great little trailer-very well built.

Edited by chip61
wrong picture
  • Like 3

Retired Wrencher
:USA::wh:  Chip. Just a good clean up check wiring clean carb tune up. I think a good wipe down with Marvel will bring out the color. looks like a good worker. enjoy the ride. Gary   B. OOHH I like that trailer also almost looks like a W/Horse trailer. Edited by T1257

Tankman

chip61, nice trailer but, the heck with that! That Allis Chalmers is lookin' great.

Currently I'm workin' on a '66 Allis Chalmers Bee 10. The mechanics are awesome.

B10-Progress2.jpg

• Like 2

chip61

Chip. Just a good clean up check wiring clean carb tune up. I think a good wipe down with Marvel will bring out the color. looks like a good worker. enjoy the ride. Gary   B. OOHH I like that trailer also almost looks like a W/Horse trailer. Edited 27 minutes ago by T1257

It does have some electrical issues-not charging and previous owner installed a separate starter switch, I guess he was by-passing the safety switches. It actually looks better than the C160 I use all the time..

chip61, nice trailer but, the heck with that! That Allis Chalmers is lookin' great.

Currently I'm workin' on a '66 Allis Chalmers Bee 10. The mechanics are awesome.

Yea, those Allis (Simplicity) tractors were very well built. You'll be impressed by that big Briggs. My buddy also got me a Simplicity 725 at the same sale, but it was in too many pieces so I passed but I did get most of a sickle mower and a dozer blade that should fit my Allis. Now I need to find the rest of the parts for the sickle mower

Tankman

Good luck hunting Chip. I have a couple hundred yards of stone drive, the grader blade looks up to the task.

I have the 10 hp Briggs but, putting a 16 hp Briggs (1-cylinder) from a Simplicity in the B-10.

With so many rides in my barn, and grandsons, looks like we're dedicating each ride for separate chores; i.e.: wagon towin', mowin', grading, dethatching, whatever. :)

We're workin' on a Pennsylvania Panzer at the same time, busy beavers we are. 

B10+67_Panzer.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

Racinbob

Glad you saved it chip. Definitely not a parts tractor. Them others are pretty cool too.

rmaynard

Great save! Those 1973 through 1977 models, in my humble opinion, were the best looking tractor Wheel Horse ever made.

• Like 2

Don1977

That's the best kind of parts tractor with all the parts still working.

chip61

I agree. I have a nice low hour 314 8 that is great but I got a c160 auto to restore and I actually like it better!

Retired Wrencher

Good luck hunting Chip. I have a couple hundred yards of stone drive, the grader blade looks up to the task.

I have the 10 hp Briggs but, putting a 16 hp Briggs (1-cylinder) from a Simplicity in the B-10.

With so many rides in my barn, and grandsons, looks like we're dedicating each ride for separate chores; i.e.: wagon towin', mowin', grading, dethatching, whatever. :)

We're workin' on a Pennsylvania Panzer at the same time, busy beavers we are. 

B10+67_Panzer.jpg

​Tankman You got stuff!!!!!

muz123

Another one saved!

chip61

Had a little free time to look at the tractor some more today. Alternator isn't charging and as I was tracing wires I touched the wires coming off the back of the voltage regulator and one of them was broken at the back of the regulator. I'm hoping that is the only issue with charging.