Aldon

HF Motorcycle Lift, GT14

Aldon

Well I saw someone using one of these on a thread this winter and while at HF yesterday one followed me home.

I have 3 GT 14's I need to start tearing down and start reviving and I thought that this might make life a lot better on my knees, If any of you have Osgood-Schlatter, you'll agree that any opportunity to avoid knee to ground contact is worth the effort.

So it barely fits and is at the limit of the lifts capacity but I think its going to be very effective.

Especially once I get the tractor on jack stands and get the wheel s off. 

Thought I would add some pics in case anyone else is considering one of these.

Lift 1.jpg

Lift 2.jpg

Lift 4.jpg

Lift 5.jpg

• Like 6

squonk

It's scary to look at. Build some extensions or you'll have more than your knee to worry about

• Like 6

KC9KAS

Nice lift, but be careful!!

• Like 1

Aldon

I only lifted for purpose of pics today. I will remove wheels and place on jacks and extension is not then absolutely necessary. In fact once it's on jacks, the current width is sufficient.

i am however considering how to effectively add extensions as it would broaden its use and my ability to more easily load them on and off.

Brrly1

Just hope your extension are heavier than your lift. I have to believe I would be nervous. Good luck

546cowboy

I thought I saw where there were extensions available for those.

Aldon

So with the long weekend, I was able to add some safety factor to my HF lift. I added ramps, rails on the ramp, tie downs to hold the metal ramp to the wooden pieces, stops to keep from rolling too far forward and access to the lift mechanism to raise and lower it. The wrench in photo is only to denote the access hole as the lever needs to be longer to assist with torque. Once on the jack stands, I can safely pull away the wooden additions as it is centered as it would be with motorcycle and similar in weight. All the hardware I had sitting in shop so the additional cost for some lumber and I am still well below what I would have to pay out for for a wider lift. My grandaughter helping me out is a bonus:).IMG_0035.thumb.jpg.14a9d41a21e60b8c52d9bFrom_the_front.thumb.jpg.5c3225978d2a357Ready_to_place_on_Jack_stands.thumb.jpg.On_Jack_Stands.thumb.jpg.10fe393f2e585dfReady_to_lift.thumb.jpg.0404f98c34d02247Sans_Rear_Wheels.thumb.jpg.e7d31b3fa3cc2Access_to_Lift_and_Release.thumb.jpg.7e0Lift_Adds.thumb.jpg.3e35ca6a4cb05622a663

• Like 6

truckin88

How much was it? looks great!

RedRanger

That's a lot of wood!  

• Like 1

RedRanger

Sans_Rear_Wheels.thumb.jpg.e7d31b3fa3cc2

​How top heavy are these lifts?  Seems like a lot of weight on that small base.

Not to mention, the front jack stands look to be in front of the front uprights.  Nose dive?

Edited by RedRanger

Aldon

If I felt the lift was precarious One could add additional supports to the sides. 
it's built and sold for 1000 pound motorcycles.

I feel it's safe for working on the tractor now if others so they could add more safety precautions. 

I paid 300 for the lift and $80 for the wood all in all a bargain .

• Like 1

jeff lary

Looks nice, I have looked at the same rig and had the same thoughts. Remember, "God hates a coward !! drive fast and take chances !" Good luck with the new toy Jeff

• Like 1

gregg'shorses

The base sure is narrow ,and must be tippy.

scWHhauler

I have had 2 of these lifts the first one the pump craped, returned it got a new one put a 4X8 sheet of 5/8 plywood to hold the tractor . It would lift my lawn ranger, but when it came to lifting my GT2500 it would not lift it . craped the second pump now it sets in my shop being used as a junk table. My take, leave it at H F save your $$$ and get a air over hyd. lift.:angry-nono:

Catmanii

I like it, but would have to glue a non slip surface on the metal table where the jack stands are to make sure they didn't move and shift the weight to one side which would be very bad. Overall I like it and see nothing wrong as long as it lifts the tractor just fine. Just don't know how long it will last, but maybe HF has taken care of the pump issue. Hope so. :)

• Like 1

Justanotherhorseguy603

I have been thinking about getting one of these but now I'm a little leary. Last thing I want is for it to tip over or fall off the top. Maybe I will keep looking or make one. Thanks for all the info 

WNYPCRepair

Why not just pull the tractor on it while it is down, put it on stands, and then lift it up?

alswagg

Looks good. Enjoy it.