Forest Road

Ethanol free 91 octane in NY!!!!

Forest Road

Some Stewart's gas stations are now selling 91 octane. http://www.stewartsshops.com/news/ethanol-free-premium-gasoline-available-at-select-shops/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

rjg854

Nice and Easy here in my part of NY also sells ethanol free 91 octane or so the manager says.

squonk

The N & E in S falls stopped selling it Randy. I think the Fast track in Geneva still has it.

rjg854

that's why I stated that's what the manager tells me.

I'd still like to get with you to discuss Wheel Horses in general

Edited by ranger13148

squonk

Guy at work went there and he said the pump said 10 % ethanol. I"m going to Fast Trac Sat to check as my fuel cans are empty.

Pollack Pete

Stewarts shop in my area sells it too.Got 10 gallons couple days ago.I guess maybe our great elected leaders decided maybe,just maybe ethanol wasn't the answer.

• Like 1

Aldon

They sell it at the Stewart's around Saratoga now. Only in Premium. Indicates non Ethanol under the premium specific price indicator on the pumps.

buckrancher
fast trac in Ithaca has Ethanol free premium

PaulC

I'm lucky I have a new Noco right at the corner of my street that has 91 ethanol free. I'm just outside of buffalo. Only thing I've ran in my mustang since I bought it and only thing I run in my tractors too. 

Wheel-N-It
I love the non ethanol fuel too. The best way to find it for all RS members is to go to;   pure-gas.org
Click on your State and get your gas cans ready!

Irv

The 'kwik fill' stations here have it.

rjg854

Guy at work went there and he said the pump said 10 % ethanol. I"m going to Fast Trac Sat to check as my fuel cans are empty.

​Manager told me, they don't have a dedicated pump just for it any more, but that the 91 octane is still ethanol free, but I will check with her again a soon as I see her.

squonk

Byrne Dairy in Geneva now has ethonal free premium! :):happy-jumpeveryone::)

953 nut
Another site that can help you find ethanol free gas is buyrealgas.com , put in your zip code and it will show you where it can be found.
  • Like 1

lt230s

Nearby Goshen, NY store isn't listed. I will have to stop & see if they have it. Otherwise the closest is in Ulster County.

Navig8r

Noticed yesterday that Stewart's in Modena (on rt 32) has it! :greetings-clappingyellow:

alswagg

What is the big deal??  Been using ethanol for years with 0 problems.  Everything from the boats ATV's chainsaws trimmers and of coars all of my D series Wheelhorses.  Hmmmm

Navig8r

I can at least attribute 1 carb on a trimmer to ethanol related deterioration... And I've had fuel get foul in a short time.  It is not speculation or hype that ethanol is hard on hardware!

Hodge71

Ethanol is basically the worst thing to put into an engine...besides water..... and  with ethanol... hey thats an option too. I can speak from experience, all my tractors, weedwackers, and my backpack blower all start easier, run better and make more power on ethanol free fuel. Its a very noticeable difference

alswagg

I would agree to not have ethanol in our fuels.  But with the Farm subsidies aka farmer welfare we will be stuck with this. The farm/ corn lobbiest are pressing the epa to mandate 15%.  Lower power output from lower btu of fuel lowers your milage.  Crazy.  But really I have not had any carb issues.  

Wishin4a416

Every few weeks I go to my dads camp to do the grass and I always take a can and fill up. Linesville Pa @ 3.59 a gallon but well worth it.

• Like 1

Tankman

Tired of ethanol gas, water and gum deposits. Too many carb issues.

Making the switch to ethanol free 91 percent gas at my local (small) airport. NOW!

Edited by Tankman

HorseHead1089

I did a Report on it in class and ethanol burns less btu making a less efficient burn per volume. Also phase separation in the tank and accumulating water through condensation by tank vent. 

papaglide

Spot on HorseHead. If the Gov was going to use ethanol, the most efficient would have been made from sugar. Much higher btu's than corn ethanol. But like someone mentioned, the corn lobby is hugely powerful. Whoever has the money, has the power. 

Snell's Service on route 104 has real gas. Great thing is that they're only 10 minutes from my house.