TunaSlayet

420 LSE at work

TunaSlayet

So I wanted to post a topic on the 48" dozer plow, and it capabilities when paired with a hydro lift 300-500 series tractor. I had many doubts that I would actually be able to grade and spread fill and loam with my machine, but like anything else, was willing to try. I was able to spread and grade 10 yards of fill in about and hour with no real heavy abuse to the machine. Figured I would share the wealth. The community of red square helped me put this tractor back in running order. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

muz123

Looks like fun!

Pollack Pete

Now you gotta hand rake all those groovy marks made by those ag tires.Just kidding.Looks like a good job done.Very nice Horse.

c-series don

As a grader operator by trade I would say, nice job. Now you probably want more material so you can get more seat time! Nice tractor.

rexman72

nice work

TunaSlayet

Thanks guys! I will say to anyone considering using the dozers blade for grading, it does in excellent job. I will post up the finished product when I am done. Probably looking at another 50 yds of loam coming in 10 yd dumps. Then I'll just have to get the grass to grow. Any tips from the pro dirt  movers out there to help prevent any erosion on the steeper sections. I was planning on some kind of ground cover, but something in the short term may be needed if we get some rain. 

bmsgaffer

Its good to see the 420 working!

You must have a very straight dozer blade, mine always seem to have a little twist in the frame so they do a great job i just usually have to do a little smoothing out afterwards. I have a mid-mount grader now though and that things awesome!

The only truly effective erosion control I have been able to find is stepped block walls (the stuff designed for it). Trees work great for a while too but its hard to get them to grow fast enough to hold the hill in place!

Tim

erosion is going to happen
plant seed ASAP to develop a root system to minimize

WildHorses

That's not a 420-LSE and if it was I surely hope you wouldn't be working it!

Edited by danielbaute

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Fantastic job. Those banks look fairly steep. Retaining walls set correctly are pricey. Theres an art to it. Hope the green stuff starts taking root, weeds, anything to help prevent erosion. Thanks for sharing, keep us posted as you move along.

glenn

bmsgaffer

That's not a 420-LSE and if it was I surely hope you wouldn't be working it!

​It actually is! Someone trashed it (used it very well) in a past life and he has resurrected what was there and gotten it to be a good worker!

(See this: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/54228-520-h/ and this: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/55797-420-lse-mutt/)

I'll bet many 420 owners are jealous they never get to really work that Kohler 20!

Forest Road

Looking good! For a final grade you should try a 50" mid mount grader. 

TunaSlayet

I have been keeping my eye out for a grader blade in my area, but they seem to be hard to find. I can definitely see the advantage of having the plow directly over the weight of the tractor for stability and bite. As far as it being a real 420 LSE, that is certainly up for debate. It has the steering and front end from a 520, and the sheet metal is a mystery. It does still have its M20 Kohler! What a sweetheart of an engine. It is quiet, starts east, and never struggles with the plow. The eaton 1100 has taken a little getting use to, but the advantage is really the hydro lift, and not having to change gears. I have been eyeballing matts foot pedal kit for a while. After I replace the pto clutch, adjust the valves, and decarbon the heads, it will be first on my list!