Sign in to follow this  
Rideawaysenior

True WH collectors bleed red

Rideawaysenior

Well, Sunday was an unusual day for me. It began with me and my friend setting up a small up draft spraybooth in my garage. To begin, there is only one collector here who has seen my garage and that is Sparky. Well, let me tell you it's not the same any more. My friend and I decided to clean it out so we could restore a couple of old horses we had kicking around. Cleaned out front to back, and we did a nice job. We even went as far as to add an oil fired hot air furnace to suppliment the wood stove.

So, as things progressed, and our home made booth was set up, we also wanted to hang a tarp to segregate an area to do our wire brushing and contain the mess that it makes. While hanging the tarp, we had inadvertantly covered a bucket. As I went to the rear of the tarp, I tripped on the bucket and landed on my left knee which has already had major reconstructive surgery. While on the ground, I looked at the bridge of my foot and noticed another whole on me that's not supposed to be there.

My friend Mike who was over looks at me and says get up, it's just a scratch. This scratch took 8 staples to close. He looked at me and smiled and says you must really like these things, you even bleed the color.

No real point to the story I guess, I've just heard too many times about Deere collestors bleeding green, wanted to switch it up bit with my own experience. LOL

Jack at home in MA looking at his new fancy but temporary foot hardware.

nylyon

Sorry to hear about the foot, and hope your knee is okay. I missed last years WHCC show because I took my mom in for knee replacement sugery, and she didn't have a good time.

On the bright side, you got yourself a prepred restoration booth ready for painting RED of course!

Sparky

Hey Jack, hope yer up and about real soon.

Yep I remember that garage and it was huge. I just built a 3 bay garage but with my truck, the wifes van, our boat, and three snow duty tractors in it its allready starting to seem cramped(go figure). I end up puttin my truck outside on weekends so I can get a tractor into the center bay and tear into it.

On another note Jack, I have the electrical bugs outa the 418-A and tweaked a couple other things on it and she's runnin great! Its sportin a 42" single stage blower with 72# of cast iron weight on each rear wheel. I have a set of 2 link tire chains comin in the mail soon and then I just need it to snow to give her a serious workout.

Mike.......in 60 degree Connecticut

Rideawaysenior

Mike,

Thats great about the 418. I do miss that tractor. As far as the garage, I more referring to the mess it was when you came by and saw it (LOL). We are currently working on a B80. We are almost done with painting the small parts, and soon will be on to the big stuff like the hood and fender. After that the D250 will be next. I'm anxious to get that renault engine torn down to see what keeping it stuck.

Jack

Sparky

Have you ever driven a D-250? I drove one for sale near me about 3 years ago and in high gear(10th) with about 3/4 throttle she was really movin out!! I ended up not buyin it but it was a great thrill ride.

Mike..........

T-Mo

I'm also sorry to hear about your "misadventures". Hope you heal soon and I hope it doesn't slow you down too much on your projects.

Rollerman

Jack hope you recover fast.

I've had more than my share of those kinds of incidents.... :D

Make sure to add some pics of the B80 & the big D as you get into them.

kj4kicks

Best wishes Jack. Sorry to hear about the new hoof hardware.

Eldon.

BPjunk

Jack,

Sorry to hear of this incident .... it is a good thing Sparky was there to help! He is a good man. :P

And well ifn's ya bleed Wheel Horse red ..... ya' can be fixed with Wheel Horse PARTS! Uh now vintage of a model are you and I will see if I have any N.O.S. parts to help fix you up? :D

Bill in Richmond, VA.

Rollerman

Jack I've been following yourD 250 threads & see that your makeing progress. :D

How is the wound healing up?

Rideawaysenior

Its good, just itchy as heck now LOL. Progress is good with the D250 too. I think I'm going to get out of this one with replacing the seals, gaskets, basic tuneup, and piston rings. Which will be much less expencive then what I was thinking I was going to befacing.

I have some pics posted on my web site www.tractorjack.net

T-Mo

Here is a direct link to Jack's progress:

D-250 Project