CasualObserver

New trailer

Racinbob

That's one nice trailer. I really like the bi-fold tailgate. Even with the expanded metal it's amazing how much wind drag they cause.

dclarke

Nice trailer, Jason.

stevasaurus

I too like that tail gate...nice looking trailer Jason.  :)

CasualObserver

Thanks guys. That was one feature I really wanted. I don't know how long they've been making them with that as an option. I don't remember ever seeing any others around here with the option, but I had conceived that idea several years back, and thought if I ever got a trailer with a gate that's what I'd do. Several dealers tried to talk me out of it commenting how it doesn't really save you gas mileage or anything... which I contend is a moot point anyway. From my perspective, the gas mileage thing only becomes an issue when pulling an empty trailer allowing that whole gate to provide wind resistance, and I don't make a habit of running around with an empty trailer. ;) Besides, they just wanted to sell me what they already had on the lot, which was full, non-folding ramp gate stock models.

Another nice benefit is that when I'm pulling it, I don't have to look through the mesh gate to see behind me. The bi-fold lowers the view obstructing gate for a cleaner view of following traffic!

pullingview.jpg

Shopping around makes a difference. :thumbs: I was able to get what I wanted, in the color I preferred for less money than settling for something closer just down the road. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Nicely thought out Jason...   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

can't wait to see it loaded up with  :wh:.  

• Like 1

stevebo

What is the carrying weight of that one? Looks like it will carry a decent amount. 

Shynon

Jason looks nice, like the removable sides.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

What is the carrying weight of that one? Looks like it will carry a decent amount. 

It's a 2,990 lbs. rated trailer, with regular 3,500 lbs axle. Trailer itself weighs a little under 1,200 and will comfortably carry 4 tractors with attachments mounted. Deck is built the same as their longer dual axle trailer so weight won't be issue. 

Keeping it rated under 3k lbs allows it to have a lifetime license here in MN... no annual registration or license plates either! 

• Like 2

prondzy

nice trailer Jason! sad to see the W.H. trailer go but this one looks like a better one.

• Like 1

Terry M

I agree Jason...Very Nice!!:)

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Nice trailer that doesn't look like a landscaper, Jason. I came close to a similar "PJ" with the ATV ramps but with a dove tail end. They are nice with the removable sides. What stopped me was the extra six inch width (77" width) for the roads in my area. I have enough trouble with the 72" width out here seeing as I don't use it every day..

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Thanks John... I know what you mean... the way you feel about 77 vs 72 is the reason I didn't go to the 83 instead!

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

If I was back in the Midwest, I would have gone 77" as well. The roads where some of the "finds" are located out here are skinny.