mac15b

B-80 tires

mac15b

Hey guys, first timer here, but a long timer lover of Wheel Horses. I am an agriculture teacher in Kentucky, and recently, my small engines class/FFA chapter was given a 1976 B-80. It is fairly original but didn't run, until my kids got hold of it. It now purs like a kitten. My question is this, what size tires "should" have been on this tractor? It had some really narrow rears that didn't hold air the best, so we switched them out for some 26x12x12 turf tread. Is that too much tire for this little guy? Thanks!

Racinbob

It's not too much as long as they fit. The original size was 22-7.50 12 on the rear and 16-6.50 8 on the front.

:WRS:

bmsgaffer

Some people have trouble clearing a mower deck with that size tire, but if not mowing they sure look sweet!

slovinski

I have 24x12x12 on my b-80,  no clearance problems but I just use it for cart duty so no deck.  Have any pictures?  Bet that looks cool

mac15b

Thanks for the input guys. The 26x12x12's look great on the B80! We're just using it for push/pull duty around our shop for now, but as soon as we can find a mule drive for the front, we'll try mowing and change the rear tire size for sure! As soon as I get a chance, I'll post a couple of pics!