Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

What ya' oughta' do is .......

TT

We should probably be doing that anyhow -- after what the bastards did to our favorite brand of tractors!

HOW DARE THEY STOP MAKING WHEEL HORSE TRACTORS ! ! ! ! ! :P:(

I never liked the thought of Cecil selling us out to the same company that built Pacers and Gremlins, but at least they kept the breed going! :D

bowtieguy

Eldon, is that a serious offer for a driver?...can speak from experience it is NO fun to go to a show (car,truck or tractor) and not have anything to drive.....and with gas at 4 bucks I probably will never haul anything to the show just to have a WH to drive in the parade....so will probably fly the 1200 miles if I make it to the show again....was there in 2006 and enjoyed everything there.

Frank in MO.(might bring a Missouri banner with me too)...yea, we have a few Horses in the flatlands of KS and MO) :D

T-Mo

Frank,

Glad you dropped in here. If you're going to the show, maybe I'll catch a ride with you..... :( Seriously, though, I would love to go, but I know it would be too tough a sell to the wife....

Terry in Pa,

:D I hear you on the Toro killing Wheel Horse....I emailed them about it and pretty much blasted them on such a stupid decision. And to stopped the Wheel Horse line just to sell that Toro branded MTD made junk... :( Unfortunately it was in vain...pretty much got the same corporate response...."Toro values you as a customer.....bah, bah bah..." Right, if they value their customers they wouldn't made that decision. :P

kj4kicks

Hi Frank, Yep, I'm serious. Even with my split personality, I still can't drive 4 at a time!

Drop me an email.

Eldon.

Curmudgeon

From just about everything I've heard, with only a couple of exceptions such as Ed, anyone who's asked Toro permission to market something, has been shot down. Even on stuff they no longer make, or never made. See, it's all about business to them.

I know of one individual who was going to market CD's of scanned manuals. Toro sent some nasty letters.

Even a quilt. Limited to 10. TEN! But hey, I got one of 10, so what am I complaining about? Talk about rare! Even more so than the original Ponds!!!!!!!!!

Dale

oldandred

Here was their response, Buzz:

"Dear Mr. Robinson,

Thank you for taking the time to contact The Toro Company regarding

your idea for wheel horse key chains.

Unlike the tattoo, this will have to be considered use of a trademark

as you are creating a product. Please contact Peggy Gerold in our Legal

Department regarding your idea. She can be reached at 952-887-8928.

We value you as a Toro customer. Please know that you have an open

invitation to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,

Mona A.

Customer Care Representative

Case Number XXXXXX"

I was pretty much shot down before I left the ground! :D

Although I did hand some out in exchange for a "whatever you feel it's worth" donation. Toro's rep also told me that since I'd be such a small scale (read: PISS ANT :P ) manufacturer, that they would never bother sending the "patent police" after me. (there'd be no money in it for them.) Peggy Gerold also relayed the information that Toro won't be giving anyone else permission to reproduce ANYTHING. It's too big of a paper chase for them , I guess? :(

And........ All of my keychains that are left are now hanging from my tractors.

Well for about two or three years Ive made signs that say wheel horse in four inch letters mounted on wood paintede white with the metal painted red some said wheel horse barn and wheel horse shop and some just plain wheel horse I forgot all about the trademark idea maybe I should be in jail by now. :(

TT

Don't worry, I'll take the million dollars I made off my keychains and bail you out. :D :P

combatmp29r

Speakin of bailin people out. Wonder if stephen ever went sign hunting in South Bend???? :D

T-Mo

Joel,

If he did apparently he's not telling us so he can hoard those signs. :D

Rollerman

I haven't made it over there yet, but do know where both factories are/were.

Maybe this week.....just got another lead on a peice of Wheel Horse unobtainium tractor that I plan on checking out in the area ASAP!! :D

TT

Speakin of bailin people out. Wonder if stephen ever went sign hunting in South Bend???? :D

Funny you should mention that , Joel......

I found this on the internet today:

a3aad5a2.jpg

nylyon

:o :(:(:o:(:P:D

Now that's funny!

combatmp29r

:( :D that is hillariouse :P:( :(