Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

What ya' oughta' do is .......

BPjunk

Since ya'll are a tight group (now I'll suggest to other groups to) why not for the parade get a lead tractor to have a banner and then lead the rest of Red Square site group in the parade :P . Since I'm the announcer ...... I can handle special request in announcing! :D(he he)

Bill in Richmond, Va.

nylyon

See, now that's some great thinking, hopefully it'll be a really long line!

Buzz

Since I'm the announcer ...... I can handle special request in announcing! :D(he he)

Bill in Richmond, Va.

You might have to bribe him though............ I bet a burger and shake from the Charcoal Pit might persuade him :P but the burger would probably be cold and the shake melted by the time I get it there.

Hey Bill, did you stop in one of them over the holidays when you were in Pee Ayy?

Sparky

I like it. Eldons C-520 with the loader would be great for banner duty.

Mike........

nylyon

I think Mike's got a great idea, start the line with the C-520 loader, that'll get their attention. Then have the progression and end up with Nick's Load Ranger! How cool would that be?

Hopefully those who span multiple groups will take a ride with the RedSquare guys!

Jim_M

Ok now I'm convinced. I have to bring at least one tractor. I think I'll bring the GT-14 with the sickle bar and maybe put the tiller on the three point just for the heck of it.

BPjunk

See, now that's some great thinking, hopefully it'll be a really long line!

Karl,

Try standing in one spot announcing Wheel Horses FOR A HOUR AND A HALF!!!!!! :P:D

Yes sir brother .... the parade is L O N G, after a while some youngster will walk up to me with a bottle of water so I don't dehydrate! :(

Bill in Richmond, Va.

nylyon

I could see where that would be long. Hey, maybe you could pre-record it and lip-sync like Brittney Spears on MTV :D

TT

Karl,

Try standing in one spot announcing Wheel Horses FOR A HOUR AND A HALF!!!!!! :(:D

Yes sir brother .... the parade is L O N G, after a while some youngster will walk up to me with a bottle of water so I don't dehydrate! :(

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Hey Wild Bill.....

Maybe we could set you up on one of those lifeguard towers -- complete with a shade maker umbrella ????? :P

kj4kicks

I like it. Eldons C-520 with the loader would be great for banner duty.

Mike........

Thanks guys! I would be truly honored to carry the banner, about 6 feet off the ground!

Of course, every tractor in the parade should have one of the magnetic signs also.

I'm planning on bringing all 4 (at least) tractors, so I'll be needing a driver or two. Karl's new C-160 will probably be there too!

So don't worry if you show up without a ride.

Eldon.

OK, Terry D (vinylguy) , where are you ??

TT

I sent him an e-mail, Eldon.

I told him we have a job for him. :D

CHARGER9AUTO

Thanks guys! I would be truly honored to carry the banner, about 6 feet off the ground!

Of course, every tractor in the parade should have one of the magnetic signs also.

I'm planning on bringing all 4 (at least) tractors, so I'll be needing a driver or two. Karl's new C-160 will probably be there too!

Eldon.

Eldon, I do not have a Red Sqaure magnet to put on my 953 or what ever I take to the show this year . Terry should set up his Decal table at the show in case someone wants to buy a magnet for their tractor before the parade starts on Friday and Saturday . :D Ben

TT

Eldon, I do not have a Red Sqaure magnet to put on my 953 or what ever I take to the show this year . Terry should set up his Decal table at the show in case someone wants to buy a magnet for their tractor before the parade starts on Friday and Saturday . :D Ben

I don't think Terry Dennis (the decal maker) is coming to the show, Ben.

(potential Ed Mayhew conflict may arise too :P )

You'll just have to order some magnets from him before June.

kj4kicks

I've already talked to TD a few times about selling some of his decals and signs at the show. I'll make sure we have a supply of RedSquare items as well.

Plus, we'll have at least a few machines there with his decals on them.

Bill, is it ok to sell items like this at our parking area, or do they need to be in the swap meet area?

Thanks,

Eldon.

CHARGER9AUTO

I've already talked to TD a few times about selling some of his decals and signs at the show. I'll make sure we have a supply of RedSquare items as well.

Bill, is it ok to sell items like this at our parking area, or do they need to be in the swap meet area?

Thanks,

Eldon.

Eldon, I would first talk to Tim Shue from PA about some space to set up a decal table if Terry Dennis plans to come and joins us at the show this year Tim's e-mail address is shuetm4@comcast.net . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

CHARGER9AUTO

I think Mike's got a great idea, start the line with the C-520 loader, that'll get their attention. Then have the progression and end up with Nick's Load Ranger! How cool would that be?

Hopefully those who span multiple groups will take a ride with the RedSquare guys!

Karl, I will follow Nick's RANGER loader with mine in the Red Square parade . :D Ben

Buzz

I don't think Terry Dennis (the decal maker) is coming to the show, Ben.

(potential Ed Mayhew conflict may arise too :D )

You'll just have to order some magnets from him before June.

There could possibly be a conflict with Ed. He stresses that he is liscensed by Toro to make and sell their decals, not sure if Terry is. With Ed Cole there representing Toro there might be a problem or two. Didn't Toro put the kabash on your selling key chains too? I also remember something from the Collectors Club about selling t-shirts at the show cutting into their sales. I would like to be able to buy some Red Square gear at the show though.......

Buzz

Ok now I'm convinced. I have to bring at least one tractor. I think I'll bring the GT-14 with the sickle bar and maybe put the tiller on the three point just for the heck of it.

I'm bringing my 854 with the sicklebar and if Tricycle Terry brings his with the sickle bar we could have quite a line up.

BPjunk

Thanks,

Eldon.

Eldon,

Toro/Wheel Horse does send representiives to the show and if the decals are not liecensed there could be a problem. As for the shirts I will have to check on that matter. There would not be a problem if the Red Squae members wore the shirts, I need to check on selling since the Wheel Horse Collectors Club sells shirts of which the profits go to funding the next years show. People do bring in all kinds of stuff that are custom made for Wheel Horses to sell at the show and they do get scatterd around.

Give me some time and will check to see on these matters.

Bill in Richmond, Va.

kj4kicks

Thanks for checking on that Bill. Since this is my first time there, I don't want to make any waves.

Seems strange though, that Toro would have an issue with decals that were discontinued long before they even took over. I'm talking about stuff from the 60's and 70's, not the Toro made Horses.

In any case, we'll proceed with stocking up on the RedSquare items.

Eldon.

CHARGER9AUTO

There could possibly be a conflict with Ed. He stresses that he is liscensed by Toro to make and sell their decals, not sure if Terry is. With Ed Cole there representing Toro there might be a problem or two. Didn't Toro put the kabash on your selling key chains too? I also remember something from the Collectors Club about selling t-shirts at the show cutting into their sales. I would like to be able to buy some Red Square gear at the show though.......

Buzz, I would like to buy some Red Square T-shirts Wheel Horse related items to do with tractors at the show this year . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Eldon.

Eldon, I will take my '79 C-121 AUTOMATIC to keep Karl's new C-160 company at the show in the parade :D Ben

TT

Didn't Toro put the kabash on your selling key chains too?

Here was their response, Buzz:

"Dear Mr. Robinson,

Thank you for taking the time to contact The Toro Company regarding

your idea for wheel horse key chains.

Unlike the tattoo, this will have to be considered use of a trademark

as you are creating a product. Please contact Peggy Gerold in our Legal

Department regarding your idea. She can be reached at 952-887-8928.

We value you as a Toro customer. Please know that you have an open

invitation to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,

Mona A.

Customer Care Representative

Case Number XXXXXX"

I was pretty much shot down before I left the ground! :D

Although I did hand some out in exchange for a "whatever you feel it's worth" donation. Toro's rep also told me that since I'd be such a small scale (read: PISS ANT :( ) manufacturer, that they would never bother sending the "patent police" after me. (there'd be no money in it for them.) Peggy Gerold also relayed the information that Toro won't be giving anyone else permission to reproduce ANYTHING. It's too big of a paper chase for them , I guess? :P

And........ All of my keychains that are left are now hanging from my tractors.

Jim_M

Maybe we can run those Toro reps off with our sicklebars!