decksetter

Best front tires for soggy ground?

decksetter

My yard seems to be getting soggier every year. Today I put on a set of 26x12x12 ags that I got at a swap meet a while back for cheap. They made all the difference for traction, but now what about the front?

I thought about golf cart tires for a bigger contact patch to float over it better, but I'm pretty sure they'll hit the 60" deck well before full lock. What is a good compromise for steering and not tearing up the ground? Anybody make a tri rib in an appropriate size? How do front ags work for steering?

Austin860

Nice thin tri ribs will give you good traction

clip

Tri ribs will destroy a soft soggy manicured lawn in short order if driven quickly with sharp turns. They're made to cut to get traction, kind of like a pizza cutter. I second Jake's recommendation for the V61s. Put them on a week ago and regret not doing it sooner. Tread depth is around 3/8 I'm guessing, will have to add a measurement to my thread later.

cheesegrader

Agree with chip.  Tri-ribs will dig in on every turn, and shred your lawn if soggy.

Great if you are looking to prevent sliding into turns when carrying a heavy implement.

Terrible if you are trying NOT to leave marks

I think the 5-rib tires will be better, but will still leave marks.

I would look at turf master or turf saver patterns from carlisle.

Maybe even a treadless pattern.

Wide, soft tires with no ribs are what golf courses use for this very reason.