Foozerush

310-8 think it lost spark...

Foozerush

Drove it on truck last Saturday (running) and drove off truck and parked in garage for 2 days before I fixed the brake shaft seal that was leaking like crazy.... Replaced seal, leveled off the tranny, fired her up to give it a test run, it ran for about 4min before it lost power/died as I adjust throttle, give some choke to try and keep it running, I look at the exhaust and watch a lil bit of black smoke exit as the enging quit, ( not a big smoke, just enough to notice). Ok... Push it back in garage after cranking it for a couple times.... No go.

Got a little bit of time to tinker with it, put a new plug in it, no go. Checked fuel pump, working good. The battery is charged, never cranked it too hard trying to start it, I did put charger on it the previous night. So... I have a test light and a little multi meter.... What do I start checking first..... Thanks.... 0e2680a71cad4c5f8cc1c147243d0406.jpg42e514736a6fe0e438afb1e022bf77ac.jpgf51dac0726f707d5adadad10bf23561b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwest_ca

Kohler service manual

Wiring diagram

Your ignition is self powered. The ignition wire simply grounds the ignition to shut the ignition off. Do not allow any battery power into the ignition wire. Smoke will fly.

The safety switches are the pto switch and seat switch. Both have the ability to ground the ignition depending on their positions.

Garry

Foozerush

Thanks Garry...... Well has spark, dropped bowl off carb, empty. Install aftermarket pump ($80/$152oem) nothing.... Splashed some in carb, ran till splash was gone..... Instructions didn't say anything about prime pump..... Lost...., why won't new pump get gas into carb? Do not think gas line is bad, gas flowing from tank. Any suggestions please.....

WH nut

Does the pump have gas coming out the output? disconnect at carb and crank it over

Foozerush

No.... Petcock open all the way.... 06522361432c56f355fa633eaaf8aae4.jpg

WH nut

Make sure the screen built into the petcock is clean, may be a bad fuel line also

Foozerush

Gonna run to Napa and get new fuel line....... I do not see an inline fuel filter, guess I'll pick one up and put on.... Thx for help WH nut....

WH nut

There is also a screen on the petcock