muz123

What was your first wheel horse?

Idaho  Jim

I just bought a 1969 Wheelhorse Model 7245 Electro 12 about two weeks ago. It has a rototiller,runs good but needs lot's of repair and paint. I just bought it to rototill our home garden garden. Then I stumbled on to this website and after reading many of the articles on this site I am hooked on the wheel horse and very interested and hope to restore my tractor. It's my first one. I'm 68 years old. I'm excited about starting this project.

Welcome to red square! enjoy your tractor.  :banana-gotpics:

​Trying to install pictures,no luck yet. Wife is working on it for me. Thank You for the welcome.   Idaho  Jim

my 1st Wheel Horse is a 1968 Commando 8, it's a fun little tractor, with a snowblower for it.  I'm addicted, and on the hunt, my only problem is the room to store any more.

​I have about 13 wheel horses and I'm trying to sell 5 or 6 to get my herd down to 5 tractors. Trying to make room is a big problem. Its an addiction :laughing-rofl:

I

I just bought a 1969 Wheelhorse Model 7245 Electro 12 about two weeks ago. It has a rototiller,runs good but needs lot's of repair and paint. I just bought it to rototill our home garden garden. Then I stumbled on to this website and after reading many of the articles on this site I am hooked on the wheel horse and very interested and hope to restore my tractor. It's my first one. I'm 68 years old. I'm excited about starting this project.

Idaho  Jim

I enjoy this site and looking at all the tractors. My tractor needs lots of work,I hope to post pictures soon. Thank's to all for the nice welcome.    Idaho Jim

Idaho  Jim

:WRS:   Glad you found us, enjoy your horse and remember, :wwp:     :text-welcomeconfetti:

​Trying to post pictures, so far no luck.    Thank's for the welcome   Idaho Jim

• Like 1

muz123

​Good luck with your wheel horse!

• Like 2

Catmanii

My first was a C175 auto that I got up in Oklahoma that had thrown a rod in the KT17. I gave $210 for it because it was in good shape other then the engine. Bought another KT17 in Dallas for $50 that had the same problem. Mixed the two engines together and got it running. That was a bunch of years ago and much to my surprise it is still running. No place to store inside so it and a C120 live outside and both will start anytime with no problems at all.
P2238194.thumb.JPG.a922b6536e8fc3811de60

• Like 5

kthack657

my first horse was a 657 (that I kinda stole from the hubbie) ;) but the first one I bought for myself was an early 68 charger 12. after that there are alot more...love them horses!!!

• Like 3

barney420

My First is a C161 twin 8 speed which came with a 42 inch deck snow blade chains and wheel weights. Traded a John Deere Lx188 48 inch straight across. BEST trade I have ever done!!!! Bought new blades for the deck thinking I could keep up with the 8 yards I mow. I spent 8 days in the Hospital for foot injury and while I was there it rained for 6 of the days and the grass got tall, took me over 5 hrs to mow, Had to mow the yards twice just to make them look good. So I took the deck off and going to use the C161 with the blade only and to move my Trailers around.

c161.jpg

• Like 7

muz123

That is one nice c-161!

• Like 2

barney420

Thank you muz123 its been fun to work on!

• Like 2

alswagg

My first was  D 180, now I have 4 D's.  guess you can say a quad D lol.

• Like 3

AMC RULES
:greetings-clapyellow:  Awesome first :wh:...
smart young man there.   :wwp:
  • Like 4

muz123

Nice first horse, any pics?

• Like 1

Road-Track

My first WH was a 257H with many implements and used it for 15 years to mow and plow snow. Then I was at a dealer getting parts and picked up a derelict C145 Hydro with a 42in deck and a snowblower for $100. Then I found a C165 8sd for a bit more. Well you know ….

• Like 4

Racinbob

Dad, that's a slick setup for the pedals for Kevin. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

muz123

looks like he loves his horse! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

steve k

The electro 12 in my avatar.    My grandfather bought it in 69.   I used to plow his street with it  every winter for years!!   It was the highlight of my day getting up early and having one of my parents drive to his place so I could plow!   When he died I ended up with it.  I also have the 48 inch mower deck for it.    I don't use it much anymore as the sundstrand is getting weak in the knees.....can't decide if I should swap it with an eight speed I have, or try to rebuild the hydro....

Steve

• Like 3

muz123

here is another good picture i took today of my 212-6. looks better without wheel weights right?IMG_0524.thumb.JPG.eaf976d48d99b8e9edaecIMG_0499.thumb.jpg.50929b330affff0a99d19

• Like 4

Aldon

My first is documented in this forum. I got it almost 2 years ago...It's the C-161 Twin Briggs in my avatar. Spent the first year doing repairs rather than restoration. It runs great and cuts well. Decided to hold off on restoration and work on my 3 GT-14's I gathered in the meantime. Along the way I also picked up a tiller and large snow plow. Made it to the big show last year. I definitely have a mild addiction:-)

• Like 4

clueless

Wheel Horse tractor with stack, 16HP Kohler, Mac Truck hood ornament, a very focused 7 year old with camo pants and good looking pair of brogans hooked up to a weight sled! If Norman Rockwell was alive he'd be painting this! 

-Chris in Florida. 

My son kevin bought his first tractor two​ years ago with his own money. He bought a 1975 c160 for $250 and he was only seven years old. That started the addiction. Kevin's first tractor pull photos Fall 2013, Age 7.

041.JPG

• Like 5

Idaho  Jim

Nice first horse, any pics?

​Wife has to install picture and so far she has had no luck doing it. she will try again soon.  Thank's  Idaho Jim

• Like 2

muz123

click on ''choose files'' and your photos will pop up and you can pick your photo.  try that. 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

My first wheel horse was my 1964 ,, 854. One week later to the day I bought a 1988 ,, 416-8. Now I am up to 5. I am new to the hobby, a little over a year and a half. But we just put our home for sale, I have a very large 2 car garage, my safe haven. For now I stopped buying and shudder to think about selling. Sadly, that might happen.
A few might go. Dam, I hate even typing that.
Genn

• Like 2