muz123

What was your first wheel horse?

muz123

My first wheel horse was my wheel horse 520-H, i paid $4000 for it in 1997 and I'm still using it today. Then later on i got my ole trusty 212-6 that i still use too. Thats how my addiction to these horses started.  :banana-rock:   But anyways what was your first horse? 

post-13178-0-66391000-1430779103_thumb.j

Edited by muz123
  • Like 6

Pollack Pete

The one that started the lunacy for me was a little 656.The rest is history.

• Like 2

Vinylguy

1968 Lawn Ranger. Paid $100 for it and mowed for 2 years before the tired Briggs repower gave up. donated her to a friend for his daughter.

• Like 2

truckin88

My wife's grand fathers c120, which is the only one I will never sell, it is over my father in laws barn 10 minutes away. It needs paint etc, but still runs like a champ.

• Like 2

KC9KAS

1975 B-80 that my wifes nephew gave to me.....That was #1 and now there are 10!

• Like 5

546cowboy

I've had so many I just can't remember what my first one was. Maybe the CRS is too far along. :laughing-rofl:  Anyway I have owned probably 100 or so and after that first one I occasionally picked up another brand but they NEVER stay long, you know how it is, too good to pass up.

I know why you have never got rid of the 520, I have had 6 or 7 and come to think of it a 520H with a blown engine may have been my first. :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

chex313

A 1975 B80 bought used in 79 for $1000. Had it until around 07, sold for $450. Had picked up the 520H for $500 at that point.

I have every digital pic I have ever taken, but I don't know where my older printed pics are. So I don't have a pic of it sadly.

Edited by chex313
  • Like 2

Racinbob

The first one I was ever on was a Suburban 400 my Dad bought new when I was 5. My first very own was a 551 right after we got married in 1975. In February of 1978, right after the blizzard of 78, I bought my first new one, a left over 76 B-80 later converted to a C-160. Great memories.

• Like 1

papaglide

My first was a GT14. Got that about 7 years ago, she stopped running and traded her away. Got her back and traded her away for the C-165 that I have now. I had never heard of wheel horse before that tractor. I was a Cub Cadet guy for the first 4 yrs or so once we moved to here. The only Cub that I would ever want back is the 1882 with 3-point and FEL. traded it for a Power King. I really don't know why I did that.

• Like 1

Lagersolut

'79 C-101  the one in my AV now  restored - remember the day the dealer dropped it off at Dads Brand new ...we were push mowing over 2 acres to the day Dad bought it .

Yep ...I was one happy camper no more lawn boy for hours on end once a week.

Works like a mule 35 years later .

( Just a little TLC )

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 2

stratostar250

My family had obtained an '88 211-5 with a bagger from my aunt when she moved to California and didn't want to bring it with her. I was about 8, and I'd ride it for hours and hours. And then my wheel horse gene hid dormant for a few years up until two years ago. And well.....since then.....we all know :)

• Like 2

608KEB

I believe it was a commando 800. It had a 36" RD deck and a 8 HP B&S. I think I bought it in 1979. I was 15 and mowed about 10-12 yards with it. It had a electric clutch. It was under powered. It always had troubles on grades. After that, I didn't buy a Wheel Horse or any garden tractor for 30 years.....I was looking for a tractor with a RD mower deck. Wheel Horse was the only one that I knew of.Then the addiction started!!

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 1

Forest Road

The lil red monster that started it all was a c101. My dads friend bought it new. I used to ride around the yard while dad fixed Ed's Jeeps. 20 years later when we bought the the family getaway I realized I needed some help around the yard. Purchased a beat up 312-8 and darn near every accessory ever made. 5 years and 3 kids later those horses have saved me hours of labor. And that time has been well spent with my boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

tsmall07

520-H that I got last fall for free.  I'd never heard of WH before, but I knew it looked cool and I knew I wanted it!  

• Like 3

Sparky

My first was a 701.....it was a freebie and it was a runner! I sold it a few years ago at the WH show and have regretted it ever since.

Mike.....

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

My dad bought an 84 i think C-105 from a WH mechanic in 1988 or so. (I was two). Mowed the grass and pushed lots of snow with that tractor. Then engine went the second time and he bought a heavy duty green one. I asked him to hold onto it for me for when I had a place of my own. 7 years later I bought another WH just for the engine to fix my dad's but I haven't stopped buying them since! (and I still have yet to get his running!)

post-6955-0-07892700-1430795380_thumb.jp

• Like 9

Horse46

C-101 is my first and only one, for now  :pray:

• Like 3