Tyler88

Tyler88

First timer here.  Recently purchased a 702 for my son and Im trying to figure out how to engage the mower.  I have attached a pic to see if you guys can help me determine if that is the right belt, also included a pic of the machine.  Also, any ideas where I can get extra hood thumb screws, lost one today.  Lastly, would love to find a plow blade, is there a certain model/size I should be looking for? Thanks so much for the help and I look forward to trolling the forums educating myself.  

post-15155-0-25105600-1430702651_thumb.j

post-15155-0-35876100-1430702679_thumb.j

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum. Nice tractor.

That drive belt looks to be too long - should be 28".

There is a lock lever on the pedal that rests on a roll pin. Push the lever so it pivots and leaves the pin and the spring should pull the idler pulley back to tension the belt. The way the spring is connected to the lock lever should reset the lever against the pin when the larger pedal is pushed to release tension on the belt.

Mower manual

Tractor manual

Garry

truckin88

Guys,

This is my old 702, that I bought from member Scotty really nice machine. This is a really nice guy, please help him out.

I know many members use Rustoleum Linen Beige on wheels, not sure what Scotty and his Grandad used.

The plow needed is for a short frame tractor, there is one on CL right now in Goshen NY for $180, it will fit both long and short frame machines. you just need to adjust the rear bar.

Also do any of you guys know which belt is needed for the pto to the deck, a part #.

Thanks,

Will

stevebo

I personally use "navajho white" which usually has to be mixed. Pretty close match imo. 

post-734-0-29121800-1430742161_thumb.jpg

gwest_ca

Guys,

Also do any of you guys know which belt is needed for the pto to the deck, a part #.

Thanks,

Will

The drive belt is WH #1577 replaced by Toro #7430

The matched pair of #1578 belts are still available from Toro under the same number.

Garry

stevasaurus

Gene Simpson makes and sell the thumb screws...the one on the front of the hood is a little longer then the side screws.  Send a PM (personal message) to Gene_S 

Nice 702.  :)  As far as a snow blade, I think you would be happier with a regular short frame blade.  The big show in Penn is coming up in June, and there will be many blades to choose from.  You should be able to get one for $75 to $125.  One that looks like this...notice the frame is an "A".  This picture is from Ricky V from the gallery...

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

IMG_1879.jpg

wallfish

That belt does look a little too long.

post-658-0-91490800-1430770024_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Tyler88

Great info guys.  Thank you all for taking the time to address these questions. Im really looking forward to learning as I go here, and clearly you guys bring a wealth of knowledge to the table.  My son is loving this tractor so far and if he is having fun Im a grateful dad. Im sure I will have many more rookie questions.  

• Like 1

wallfish

Sorry, I didn't notice that was your first post so :WRS:

Tyler88

Thank you. Not sure if there are any sugarers on here but this seems to be similar to my maple syrup addiction that Im seeking help for.  HA!  I could see more red things in my garage in the near future.  

• Like 1

Pullstart

Welcome to RedSquare, here's a maple maker from West Michigan, not too far from the "quake" epicenter on Saturday!   My wife and I typically produce between 3 and 6 gallons of syrup each spring.

AMC RULES

:WRS: