Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

So how does tractor parking work at the show?

TT

Did anyone do any more thinking about where to reserve "our spot" ?

At the rate we're going (and if eveyone can be there as planned) we might need to take up half of "center field" :D

kj4kicks

I'm just waiting for a mark on the map. All other systems are "GO" !

glenn27

The group im goin with also plans on being there thursday, we are planing on takeing tractors to show and some stuff to sell.

maybe we could cordinate so those of us headin east along 80 could meet up and head in together :D

just a thought

Steve

Hello steve--Is Carl coming, too? I'll get with you there--

glenn

rocking 416

wut time is a good time to get there thursday? june 19th 2008? this will be my first show an im new to red square? i plan on bringing my 1996 416 hydro an my 1978 c-81 i guess its just roll in set up next to somone shakes an an interduce ur self type thing?

nylyon

Well I don't know what time to meet at the fair grounds, but last year, if I recall, there was only 1 member who attended the show. Is that right Mike?

Sparky

I was there, but I get to the show about 11:30am Friday not Thursday. The show officially starts Friday but the grounds are open Thursday for setup.

You'll recognize me as the Redsquare guy with BLOODSHOT eyes. My company is sending me to a job in Hawaii and my flight home gets me back into Connecticut about noon on Thurday before the show :whistle: . I'll be up about 4am Friday for a 7 hour drive to the show.

Does that answer your question?

Mike............

Buzz

there was only 1 member who attended the show. Is that right Mike?

Not so.........I was there, tricycle Terry was there, oldandred Jerry , Sparky, and a whole bunch of other members wwere there. The show is friday & saturday, but you can set up any time after 8am Thursday. Jerry is usually the first one in, I get there around lunch time. Getting close now.....

nylyon

I should have phrased it differently, At the time, there was only 1 RedSquare member there out of the 23 RedSquare members at that time. This year there'll be a lot more, and I suspect that once folks get home Saturday night / Sunday, we'll get a lot more new members too.

It was really a poor attempt at a look how we've grown type thing.

rocking 416

i wonder if i can leave my inclosed trailor in my spot when i got back to my hotel does anyone do that? or shoul di be talkin about all this on satuday in the wheel horse chat thing?

BPjunk

We have a trailer parking area out in front where you can leave your trailer at the show. I do lock my trailer but the South Mountain Fairgrounds is pretty secure as I walk the grounds quite a few times at night to check on things. (I also lock my trailer any time I travel interstate) :whistle:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

kj4kicks

416, don't worry, we will be easy to find. There will be at least (3) 20x20 canopies set up all in a row, with RedSquare banners flying. If that doesn't get your attention, look for the strangest 520 with a FEL that you've ever seen. I'll be there when the gates open on Thursday to get it all set up.

Suburban 550

Eldon, I should get there before noon Thursday if I don't get lost. I'll be able to help with setup if your not already done. My wife and I will be camping in the fairgrounds for the weekend. Can't wait til June. Ray

CHARGER9AUTO

416, don't worry, we will be easy to find. There will be at least (3) 20x20 canopies set up all in a row, with RedSquare banners flying. If that doesn't get your attention, look for the strangest 520 with a FEL that you've ever seen. I'll be there when the gates open on Thursday to get it all set up.

Eldon, I like to park my '73 8 HP 4-Speed - '67 L-107 LAWN RANGER what ever I take to the show under any of the Red Square 20x20 tents . Ben :whistle:

DMESS

Here's a few suggestions based on my memory of lesser-populated (and more likely to be available for a larger encampment) areas.

(Yeah.... I know. They're red RECTANGLES, not SQUARES. :whistle: )

df28a9c6.jpg

I won't be there 'til Friday sometime, so it will be a surprise to me no matter what.

I don't know how many of mine will make the journey this year, (5 went and 6 came back in 2007) but at least save me room for 2 or 3. I'll have a better idea on Friday morning when I leave. :WRS:

Guys, here's my take based on about 8 years experience attending this venue. Number one, stay out of the livestock barns if you don't like dirt floors. They are great for the consignment stuff, but nice show tractors tend to get dusty/dirty in these barns. Folks use em up, but I just prefer to be out in the lawn area. There is one at the far rear that has a concrete floor, but it is to far away and I think it has always been consignment items anyway. Number two, the center field area gets crowded and hot if the sun is out and the temps are up. They generally line up all around the outside of this area and keep the actual "center' open for activities etc. Number three, the cement floor building is nice, but a little crowded IMO. I prefer the area of the pic marked off in the upper left. There is a building and some nice shade to the rear of this and I recall not having to be in the direct sun all day long in this spot. If you setup early enough you should be able to have a nice long stretch in this spot that would allow as many tents as needed. I've got a pic or two of our tent setup in this general area. It's a nice long level run that would be quite suitable if you can snag it before any others!

We are a little closer to the "entrance" in these pics, but it is the same general area. Last year it was FULL along here, but wasn't in years past. I think it caught on!

tent1.jpg

tent2.jpg

rocking 416

wow nice pictures you guys really have this planed out huh, looks like its going to be a great time