Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

So how does tractor parking work at the show?

nylyon

I haven't been to the show (and won't be there at least on Friday, trying for Saturday) how do you determine where you park your tractor? Is it just where you find a spot? Reason I ask, and it may be a little goofy, what if there was a RedSquare parking area. Maybe we could all chip in and get Terry to make up a Banner to park under. I have a 10x10 canopy which I would be glad to donate for the 2 days (Mike or Ben could pick up on their way past assuming they comes this way).

Or ifn this is too goofy... Well.... I dunno :D

kj4kicks

It would be cool if we could be close together. I have a couple of 20x20 canopies we could use. We could get 20 tractors under there easily!

I'd even go over Thursday night to set them up.

Eldon.

Jim_M

I plan to get there Thursday night also. I'm not sure if I'll bring a tractor or not yet, but it would be nice if we all had a place to meet each other and swap stories.

TT

It's definitely first come - first good spots. I don't know if Mr. Pearson could suggest an area and kind of "reserve" it for us or not.

If Eldon goes over Thursday night and sets up somewhere, that will take care of it.

I really don't want to be in the building (and don't even know who decides who gets to do that) and was planning on buying a canopy to set up this year.

It sure is nice to have some shade to park in! (we can't have canopies at the NAMA show. :D )

CHARGER9AUTO

It's definitely first come - first good spots. I don't know if Mr. Pearson could suggest an area and kind of "reserve" it for us or not.

If Eldon goes over Thursday night and sets up somewhere, that will take care of it.

I really don't want to be in the building (and don't even know who decides who gets to do that) and was planning on buying a canopy to set up this year.

It sure is nice to have some shade to park in! (we can't have canopies at the NAMA show. :D )

Terry, The Wheel Horse Collector Club Show dates is the 20th - 21st Friday and Saturday who ever printed up the Attention All Wheel Horse Enthusiasts: flyer has the show dates incorrect it's not the 21st and 20th everyone check your calenders . Ben

combatmp29r

Eldon I'm planning on being up there Thursday afternoon/evening myself. Maybe we can hook up with wild bill and set up a red square area. If Bill could point us in a good direction or have a spot picked out for us that would be a bonus in my book. This will be only the 2nd time I've been to the show and first time I'm bringing any tractors, so I'll be a little lost at first I'm sure :D

kj4kicks

Sounds good, guys. We'll work out some Thursday details as the time gets near.

you'll seem like an old pro compared to me, I've NEVER been there.

Antici.........pation !

Eldon.

CHARGER9AUTO

Sounds good, guys. We'll work out some Thursday details as the time gets near.

you'll seem like an old pro compared to me, I've NEVER been there.

Antici.........pation !

Eldon.

Eldon, All this talk about how to park our Wheel Horses at the show this year so we will have our Red Square booth for members to meet etc. Ben :D :P

refracman

The group im goin with also plans on being there thursday, we are planing on takeing tractors to show and some stuff to sell.

maybe we could cordinate so those of us headin east along 80 could meet up and head in together :D

just a thought

Steve

BPjunk

To have a Red Square site set up at the Wheel Horse Show all I would need is to have a representitive show me where the site will be and then have the area marked off , rope works good or space out a few tractors or some thing to mark the area. Remember people from all over the United States, Canada and England will be displaying Wheel Horses and swap meet items too so things may get confusing. There is no problem about displaying a banner for the Red Square web site. Tractor parking is basicly first come first ... hey I found a spot, parking in the building is also for people who don't want their tractor parked outside and any one can park there. The building is big and if it fills up there several more building to park in, the only thing we don't allow is continual driving through the buildings. I personly like to park my Wheel Horses outside.

Steve had a very good point about convoys to the Wheel Horse Show, it helps others find the South Mountain Fairgrounds, it is safer, more secure, help is there if you need it and it is a fun way to travel (just watch all the people eye balling the tractors on all the trailers as you go down the road)! :D

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Curmudgeon

I just hope I can make it now. Something has come up that might put a huge crimp in my plans.

Darn life and it's curve balls anyway!

Dale

Sparky

Um...Karl? A 10x10 canopy? Where are the rest of ya gonna park :D after I wheel my "D" under your canopy :P .

I like the idea of an area to park and promote this group. I'll have 2 tractrors there this year.

Mike..........

nylyon

That's all I got, but with the pair of Eldon's 20x20's, you'll have an area 50' long. Now that's not bad!

CHARGER9AUTO

Um...Karl? A 10x10 canopy? Where are the rest of ya gonna park :D after I wheel my "D" under your canopy :P .

I like the idea of an area to park and promote this group. I'll have 2 tractrors there this year.

Mike..........

Mike, I will park my '63 953 - 1045 next to your famous D-160 under the 10X10 Red Sqaure Canopy at the show this year . :( Ben............

nylyon

Well, even though it is small, if your route to the show is I84 West into NY I'd be more than glad to meet you on the CT/NY boarder.

TT

Here's a few suggestions based on my memory of lesser-populated (and more likely to be available for a larger encampment) areas.

(Yeah.... I know. They're red RECTANGLES, not SQUARES. :P )

df28a9c6.jpg

I won't be there 'til Friday sometime, so it will be a surprise to me no matter what.

I don't know how many of mine will make the journey this year, (5 went and 6 came back in 2007) but at least save me room for 2 or 3. I'll have a better idea on Friday morning when I leave. :D

kj4kicks

I can be there on Thursday as soon as they let us in the gate, so you more experienced guys decide on a spot, and let me know.

What? Sneak in Wednesday? Shhhh... don't tell Bill !!

Eldon.

CHARGER9AUTO

I can be there on Thursday as soon as they let us in the gate, so you more experienced guys decide on a spot, and let me know.

What? Sneak in Wednesday? Shhhh... don't tell Bill !!

Eldon.

Eldon, Your secret is safe with me I will not tell Bill . :D Ben

oldandred

I just hope I can make it now. Something has come up that might put a huge crimp in my plans.

Darn life and it's curve balls anyway!

Dale

Dale whats it been three or four years since Ive seen you there ??

:D

Curmudgeon

I've missed the last 3, yes. Bums me out to no end!!!!!!!!!!

Rod(NASNUT)

:P Hay do you think you guys would have for an old Charger 9 under the tent? :D

kj4kicks

Sure thing !! Bring it on !!

If we run out of room, we'll stack 'em up..... NOT !

Rod(NASNUT)

:P I will not get there till Sat. am so mabe I will have to park outside the tent. :D

CHARGER9AUTO

:P Hay do you think you guys would have for an old Charger 9 under the tent? :D

Rod, I have my '68 Charger 9 Auto with no motor it's been restored years back frame up restoration and new decals by me I put a Kohler 14 HP on the tractor to drive it around . Ben

kj4kicks

Don't worry Rod, there's always room for one more. Gotta take care of my fellow Pennsylvanians!