oliver2-44

42" SD Mower Deck Manual & Parts Help

oliver2-44

The 1985 WH312-8 42" Side Discharge  mower deck that I'm fixing up for my son, has a label model # 0542MS04 53715. However the manual for this model number is different in that it show a item  #2 deck support" that my deck does not have.

Mower Rotary 42in SD 1985 05-42MS04 IPL #810388R1.pdf

My deck is actually recessed in the area that the deck support would cover and the 2 piece belt guards have flanges to mount directly to the deck instead of the deck support

I'm rebuilding the deck, and need to identify the correct manual so I can get spindle bearings and a belt part numbers.

also if anyone has aftermarker spindle bearing and spindle belt bart numbers that would be appreciated.

Mower Rotary 42in SD 1985 05-42MS04 IPL #810388R1.pdf

post-14212-0-91272800-1430346083_thumb.j

post-14212-0-65314900-1430345953_thumb.j

post-14212-0-63421900-1430345982_thumb.j

daveoman1966

The on-=line schematics you'll find are all of a 48" side disch deck (05-48MS01....05) as they are nearly identical to the 42" side, except for the reinforcement plate. The 42" side decks do NOT have this plate and the belt covers are mounted on studs in the deck shell...not in the reinforcement plate. This is confusing, at best, but I've not found a schematic SPECIFICALLY for the 42" deck.

The other main difference is the height adjuster lever. On the 42" deck, this is on the RIGHT side. All the 48" decks have this on the LEFT side. Of course, the gage wheel bar is another difference.

gwest_ca

Garry

Toolmanbill

Trying to put together a 42SD deck that I took apart in the fall and need a parts manual for a deck marked with model #1542SC03 and serial#1050621.not having any luck.THANKS.

gwest_ca
3 hours ago, Toolmanbill said:

Trying to put together a 42SD deck that I took apart in the fall and need a parts manual for a deck marked with model #1542SC03 and serial#1050621.not having any luck.THANKS.

You can download the manuals from here

Garry

• Like 1

Toolmanbill

Thanks all for the help.i can't believe that not adding the hyphen would not allow me to find

the manual.model # is listed on the deck with no hyphen.