JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Eaton 1100 Trans adjustment on the 1995 520

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok. Here's a subject I have been reading about for days now on red square. I lost some forward speed and wanted to tweak the adjustments on the trans. I took pictures. Heck the 520 only has 260 hrs. so the cam plate. Cam nut etc shows little to no wear. I took pictures of the linkages cause now I creep in reverse. Also look at the bottom of the steering wheel rod. In the middle of the winter when snow blowing the forward reverse control arm swung free. The roll pin was gone. I put a nail in there temporarily so I could use the machine for winter chores. You can see the nail head I am pointing to it with a yellow plastic stick. Does anyone spot anything out of the ordinary with anything. I might have over adjusted the linkage rods and have no reference points where to start from. Frankly. This is a shout for help from the folks that know. Thank you.

post-12073-0-29864500-1430331721_thumb.jpost-12073-0-68447000-1430331762_thumb.jpost-12073-0-71680200-1430331802_thumb.jpost-12073-0-64453200-1430331848_thumb.jpost-12073-0-65547600-1430331902_thumb.j

bmsgaffer

You probably loose a bit of motion from that nail in there instead of a spring pin. That little extra slop might contribute to the finicky system.

I wouldn't do any more adjustments until I fixed that because you will just need to readjust it all when you do it anyway.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

If Bob (rmaynard) pops his head in here he did a complete overhaul on a 416 with motion control issues. He may have some good insights.

• Like 2

Forest Road

You probably loose a bit of motion from that nail in there instead of a spring pin. That little extra slop might contribute to the finicky system.

I wouldn't do any more adjustments until I fixed that because you will just need to readjust it all when you do it anyway.

If Bob (rmaynard) pops his head in here he did a complete overhaul on a 416 with motion control issues. He may have some good insights.

I'll second that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok. Brandon and Kevin. Got your point. I read Bob's thread numerous times to. Matter of fact I read plenty of threads on this. Didn't think it would stump me so good.

Glenn

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

On the bolt going through the linkage rods. Is that correct with the 2 nuts on the one side. I could not find an exploded view to verify that what is there, is in the correct order and complete. Seems caddy wumpus. Out of kilter. Also, please note, I messed with those linkage rods, not much thread left. Ty.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

876wheelhorse

is my 314 hydro this same setup? i am also wanting alittle more speed. my c141 hydro will spin tires going from forward to reverse where my 314 h wont.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

does anyone have a size of this spirol pin? My local toro dealer cant locate it, the size either. At first they set me up with a roll pin, it was so small you put it in one side and it came right out the other. Quite annoying considering its not much of anything.....ty

Glenn

is my 314 hydro this same setup? i am also wanting alittle more speed. my c141 hydro will spin tires going from forward to reverse where my 314 h wont.

I dont know. Sorry. Maybe someone else will sound off.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok. I got the spiral pin from my dealer today. I have been fidgeting with it for Hours now. Between lining up the 2 pieces and pressing down on the spring. I can't get the pin in the holes while they are aligned. Not much room to work in there. Any ideas are much appreciated. Coffee break time. Thank you.......

Glenn

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok. How about this. When I lift the collar that has the rod attached to it. And I go to put the spiral pin in the shift rod....it's loose. No friction. Is this how it goes? What would hold it in place as not to fall out? Is this normal?

Glenn

gwest_ca

Looking at a parts list the item #37 is part number 32121-94 spiral pin. A little digging reveals this is a 5/32"x1" spiral pin. You should be able to insert a 5/32" drill bit in the holes and nothing larger or this pin will be loose.

Garry

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

You shoild have to hammer it in.

I would say that if your last roll pin fell out and the time spent with the solid nail, you will probably have to drill this out up to the next size or find someone with a good condition replacement.

I had to drill out the holes on my 854 steering roll pins because they had wallowed out the spindle shaft too much.

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok. Enough bs' N around with spiral pins and the column shifter. Time to delete all that old time junk and install Matt pedal conversion kit I bought last fall. Out with the old and in with the new. Everything is apart and ready for reassembly. I want the colum shifter gone. Who can give me a tip on getting that thing out? Don't know why I didn't do this long ago.

Glenn

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Here's where a roll pin punch and a shot of PA blaster is worth it's weight in gold.

Glennpost-12073-0-60282900-1431212879_thumb.jpost-12073-0-04559500-1431212916_thumb.j

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

However. I can't get this little control arm off the shifter shaft. It's all I need to pull it out. Or. Get the Sawzall out.

Glenn

post-12073-0-85856900-1431213084_thumb.j

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Never mind. A bit more PB and tap tap tap. It's out. Big cheer......

Glenn

post-12073-0-86183900-1431213654_thumb.j

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Conclusion: put Matts pedal kit on. Adjustment was a breeze. Never ran better. I highly recommend this conversion. It's a wonder Toro wheel horse didn't do it on the 520.

Glenn

post-12073-0-15263400-1431291680_thumb.jpost-12073-0-36962900-1431291814_thumb.j

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Looks good, and much easier to control.

• Like 1