robojoe9

Picked up a 1977 cart, model 77-05DC01

robojoe9

This really nice original condition cart found me this week. It's a 1 owner, sparingly used stored in a garge since new obviously in near new condition.

Missing a knob and hub cap but those are on order already.

The original paint shines nice. Couple surface rust spots on id of hopper but thats about it. Tires have some cracking but hold 30psi no problem. Been wanting one of these for some time, always liked the 1 pice wheel barrow type hopper and low profile. Best part is I sold my current cart for same I paid for this so was a wash!

The original decal is on an angle, must have been built on a Monday or Friday.

Here's some pictures. Still impressed with the shiney original paint! I may clean up the inside and touch up paint.

MU

post-14959-0-93102200-1430303459_thumb.j

post-14959-0-96054300-1430303492_thumb.j

post-14959-0-69006700-1430303516_thumb.j

post-14959-0-37449000-1430303530_thumb.j

post-14959-0-11910600-1430303548_thumb.j

post-14959-0-18290300-1430303562_thumb.j

post-14959-0-62720900-1430303586_thumb.j

post-14959-0-70357600-1430303610_thumb.j

• Like 7

KC9KAS

Very nice find. I am jealous.

• Like 1

mels

You don't see that every day!  Congrats on the sweetheart of a find!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thats the nicest original cart I have ever seen. What a beauty.

Glenn

robojoe9

Thanks, Here's a couple more pictures.

Will go nice behind our workhorse 310-8!

MU

post-14959-0-84640700-1430310840_thumb.j

post-14959-0-89711900-1430310867_thumb.j

Edited by robojoe9
  • Like 2

robojoe9

I could not leave it alone as it so wire wheeled inside, sanded and put a coat of IH red (close match) on inside of hopper. I masked around edgae as not to get overspray on original outside paint, wheels etc.

Ther was more surface rust than I originally noticed. The wheel on grinder uncovered it fast!

MU

post-14959-0-89617800-1430653562_thumb.j

post-14959-0-85871400-1430653582_thumb.j

post-14959-0-49820800-1430653592_thumb.j

Edited by robojoe9
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice job on it. Did you use a hvlp gun on it? Thats a really sweet cart.

Glenn

dcrage

That is a great cart. I have a much more used copy of that model for 2 years now. I love the thing. It is made for hauling stuff.

• Like 1

Racinbob

Looks darn near showroom fresh. :handgestures-thumbupright:

robojoe9

Nice job on it. Did you use a hvlp gun on it? Thats a really sweet cart.

Glenn

Yes Sir, used DeVilbiss touch up gun. About 40 psi.

• Like 1

jeff lary

Wow that is really nice glad to see your trying to take care of it too. That paint gun you have , how hard is that to use? I would like to have a small gun to do little stuff with myself. I dont know anything about buying or mixing paint ,...and  well spraying it either i guess. Wow wonder i can even feed myself aint it? Would you reccomend it it a novice like me-self ??? Jeff

robojoe9

Wow that is really nice glad to see your trying to take care of it too. That paint gun you have , how hard is that to use? I would like to have a small gun to do little stuff with myself. I dont know anything about buying or mixing paint ,...and  well spraying it either i guess. Wow wonder i can even feed myself aint it? Would you reccomend it it a novice like me-self ??? Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words.

Believe it or not it (from personal experience) is easier to paint using a proffessional paint gun, than with rattle can. I've always said if one can get a good finish with a RC then will only be better with a gun.

I've been told the inexpensive guns that HF sells are very good at applying all types of paint. I use a Binks and Devilbiss (now the same company) both gravity and suction touch up mini guns. Also use a Binks 2001 full size gun for big jobs like applying Thompsons water sealer to deck etc.

I've sprayed water base and oil base out of same guns with excellent results.

Far as mixing paint just follow directions on can-reducer-harder if used. Like noted this was my first time useing hardener in oil based enamel. You don't have to. I've painted many many many items with just plain rust oleum (sp) cut with acetone until it'll flow through gun.

Best way to practice is with either water, thinner, acetone etc and a cardboard, metal plate of sorts. Play with settings on spray gun and read directions, look up videos etc. I learned by trial and error and advise from many. I'm far, far, far from being a great painter but will spray anytime I can over using a brush or roller etc. Painted trim, doors etc on many home projects etc. Latex sprays nice, just simply cut with H20!

I will suggest a gravity gun. I use both but prefer gravity in most cases (small work).

You can do it.

I will post a couple pictures of the guns I have.

MU

jeff lary

Thanks, that was my next question would ou show me the gun? I have thought if i ever got one it would be a Gravity Feed one.

rexman72

looks good

robojoe9

Thanks, that was my next question would ou show me the gun? I have thought if i ever got one it would be a Gravity Feed one.

Here are the 2 I use.

post-14959-0-04053400-1430947544_thumb.j

post-14959-0-11264200-1430947548_thumb.j

post-14959-0-96708400-1430947549_thumb.j

post-14959-0-92178100-1430947551_thumb.j

jeff lary

I got some nice stuff but I don't have those.... be right back.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Question. With that binks gun. You can change the cup on the top to a bigger one. Hold more paint and do more painting....right? BINKS = PRICEY $

just asking.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

robojoe9

I believe you can get a quart sized cup but not positive. This Binks is an old gun, been replaced with a DeVilbiss Mini (blue). A very good gun IMO.

The new version is a bit north of 3bills, so yest not a cheapo. As said the HF gun are reported being pretty good.

MU

• Like 1

jeff lary

That is well worth it I bet. But that being said I may,...may use it an hour a year maybe so for me the HF gun would be enough. I can make a mess with a cheap gun as well as a good one.

• Like 1

robojoe9

My New hub caps came last Friday. They are a bit darker red than original 1 but that may have been faded a bit. Regardless they are very nice and look much better than black IMO.

Came with some other goodies as well. Not sure what I will use the additional red caps on, but will hold onto them.

Pencils and keychain are cool.

MU

post-14959-0-33145100-1431352919_thumb.j

post-14959-0-63051800-1431353601_thumb.j

groundhog47

Very nice find. I am jealous.

I am right along with ya there, he has a very nice wagon  :greetings-clappingorange: ; is sad they quit making that way. I'd just be happy to pet one, Ha. Dream on!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

That is well worth it I bet. But that being said I may,...may use it an hour a year maybe so for me the HF gun would be enough. I can make a mess with a cheap gun as well as a good one.

I'm right there with you!

• Like 1

96 Wheelhorse

That'a a nice looking wagon and you did an awsome job painting the inside of it.

Tankman

Very nice cart! Ditto - jealous!

Great paint work too!   :)