truckin88

new truck and trailer

truckin88

A lot of you know I had a super duty, great truck loved it, but just had no use for a 3/4 ton. Plus it started needing things replaced and those trucks are $$$. I was looking at wranglers, while I like them, they don't fit my life style and I needed a truck. Shopped looked at rams and F150's got a pretty good deal on this new leftover 2014 F150, got a decent trade in too. The 5.5 bed left me needing a trailer and I sold my 6x12 last fall cause it took up to much room. I shopped at dealers for a 5x8 but their prices were crazy. I ended up at TSC with this 6x8 pipe top, I really like it and that it can fit big decks, but not take up a ton of room. TSC seems to have nicer trailers then lowes.

0428151313_zpszf6xawbl.jpg

0428151717_zps2udpyyaw.jpg

Edited by truckin88
  • Like 2

stevebo

Very nice Will ! I actually like the truck and you bought the same exact trailer I have.  :)

JimD

That's  spiffy looking combo platter ya got there truckin. They should serve you very well. :)

• Like 1

Racinbob

Nice! That will look great pulling a load of red down the road. :handgestures-thumbupright:

truckin88

thanks guys here is the front 0428151312a_zpsji8gpmse.jpg

The 5.0 motor is awesome, with 3.55s and a electronic locker in the rear. Good power/MPG

nylyon

I hear ya about the cost of the SuperDuty's, I just replaced both front hubs, rear brakes and now have to do the rear brake dust shields, have to have the kid delay a semester from college to pay for it :) 

Nice looking combo!

truckin88

The thing with the SD it got book value trade in which was 2k less then I pa is for it 2 years ago with 25k leas miles...the dealer is actually asking more than I paid...when I bought it used at a different ford dealer in NJ...I would say they keep the value.

Coadster32

Nice looking combo...best of luck with it.

MalMac

I agree on the Super Duty. I got 350 with a 7.3 in it. Great truck but I cringe on just simple maintenance or if a repair is needed. Any of the big trucks no matter what brand take big money to keep them rolling.

Edited by MalMac

Ken B

Real nice combo Will and hey, you even got Stevebo's stamp of approval! I would try at all costs not to use your trailer on wet roads in the winter if they have been treated with the calcium they dump all over the roads. I got caught out in a little storm in Mass. while picking up my 420 and the roads were just treated. I was more concerned about that crap eatin my van alive (I don't normally drive it in the winter) but it was my trailer that went to poop real quick! Its like I came outside and didn't even recognize it one day it was all covered in rust. 

• Like 2

Brrly1

Love my Superduty, but I also like your truck. That's a nice looking vehicle for sure! I'm interested in one of the new ones with the aluminum body is what I'm waiting to see. Walked up to one and knocked on the side panel it sounds like plastic! It will be interesting to see is how rust will effect the alum. body. One reason being is the 2016 Super Duty is supposed to be aluminum. Time will tell. Anyways great truck!!! Love my Ford!!

Edited by Brrly1

truckin88

Agreed right now I would not touch the aluminum body, till they get to the 2nd or 3rd year. The deal on the left over was to good to ever think of the aluminum bodied 150's, but they are sharp looking. And don't get me wrong I love super dutys, solid front axle, locking hubs, I had the V10 which is a great motor, they run good and last, but when your best mpg is 11, and all you tow is a utility trailer, I just didn't need it. They are monsters in plowing too, but my driveway isn't great for a truck plow (of any brand) time to go back to the tractor setup.

Edited by truckin88

stevebo

I like it  but..... it is still not a chevy.... :ychain: Hopefully it will be able to pull that trailer with a little load on it. lol The pic with the RJ in the back looks like it is squatting a little too :ROTF:

• Like 5

muz123

cool

Forest Road

Good move! Mine is a 2010 and its surpassed every expectation. We logged 9500 miles last summer towing a 30'tt from NJ to MT, UT,TX through Nashville and eventually home. I was prepared to buy a new truck along the way had she blown up. The 6 speed trans is absolutely amazing.

d39b6ed858e6753d2bc273eb6c2be60b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1