Hammerhead

Update on my scarf of a life time deal!

Hammerhead

I went this Sunday and picked up my new toy, a big friggin Woods Mowin Machine! It was sunk in 2 ground hog holes

and it wouldn't start either! So I had to winch it out of the holes and it was very hard to get it out of there! I

drug it a few feet before I decided it was too heavy and the wheels were not disengaged! The hydraulic trans needed switched to tow mode but I didn't know any thing about it and neither did the guy that owned it! He looked around

inside for his owners manual but never found it. Mean while I found 2 small levers that might do the trick. One went right in place but the other one was bent up and wouldn't work. So it took me 20 minutes to fix that. After I got

that done it pulled right out without much trouble, even though it was in the gopher holes! I got it all loaded up

in about 2 1/2 hours! I took off down the road and got it home safely. I put one of my WH batteries in it and it

cranked over good but wouldn't start still. I sprayed gas in the carb and it fired right up but wouldn't stay

running! The fuel pump is not working so I will take it off and try to rebuild it. It is the new fangled round

plastic type. This thing is huge! I am afraid to operate this beast! It will take a while to get the hang of driving these zero turns! The PO said he paid $7000 for this about 10 years ago! I figure it is worth at least $3000 or

more still! Wahoooo! I haven't cleaned it up yet and it still looks like a new one and is in great condition! It's a 20 hp. Kohler Command engine with 2 cylinders, 60 inch deck, super bright head lights, new spindles, blades and

belts, new drive shaft and recent oil change! I did notice the left side bar lug tire is on

post-114-0-42651400-1430190609_thumb.jpgpost-114-0-91416400-1430190812_thumb.jpgpost-114-0-55220600-1430191057_thumb.jpgpost-114-0-54790300-1430191106_thumb.jpgback wards! Might as well get rid of it then! LOL!

• Like 5

mels

Congrats!  Nice find man!

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Its a zero turn! That's why that tire is on backwards... it helps it turn the zeroes, but only counter clockwise... :teasing-poke:

Nice mower! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 1

Navig8r

Good find...  It will take you a while to learn, and it will 'slap' you somewhere along the way, just when you think you're getting the hang of it :)

I have hundreds of hours on a ZTR, and I can share some tips to help you learn, if you'd like.

Good luck with it!

BTW, I mow my 1 1/2+ acres of lawn in about 1 - 1.5 hrs with my Exmark 52"  And it looks Goooooood!

• Like 1

muz123

Congrats! You should sell it and make some money 

• Like 1

RMCIII

Great machines. Very similar to Grasshopper. As Navi stated, it will slap you, if you are not careful. But once you get the hang of it, you can drive it with one hand. Best tip I can give you, "JUST let go of the sticks" if it does start to slap you! Don't try and correct it, or you will be overcorrecting each time you think you are correcting it, creating a "left to right very jerky experience. BTW - those are made right in my home town, of Oregon, Il. Great company.

RMC

• Like 1

Tankman

Very nice! I've been thinkin', "Someday."  :eusa-think: