Hodge71

Mowing with the GT-14 for his first time

Hodge71

My son mowed for the first time yesterday. He has been plowing for years with his Charger 12. He graduated to the big guy now. Its been awhile since we last used it to plow. About a month or so to be exact. I was under the impression these had the 10 pinion limited slip transaxle in them and it always spun 1 wheel when it lost traction with a huge head of snow. I figured it was cooked because after plowing for awhile it gradually got slower and hotter as well.... After doing some research it had a Sundstrand 90-2046 not the 90-2062 it was supposed to have. I was able to pick up a 90-2062 Sundstrand hydrogear and swap them out. What pain in the hoosegow that was. But it now runs and drives again. I had some steering issues I had to work out but its pretty square now. At least for the time being. I really want to find a new/rebuilt steering column and probably going to repaint the whole tractor again. Its definitely a hard working machine and has won a soft spot in both of our hearts. So here he is mowing for the first time yesterday. I will say I dont like how the old style mower mounts. I wish I could swap out a tach a matic system. The mower doesn't float like I'm used to.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kEYp8tLgIw

Edited by Hodge71
  • Like 9

KC9KAS

Nice video and subject matter!!

You son looks like he is having a good time. I would have liked mowing when I was a youngster if dad made me use a Wheel Horse! :ychain:

• Like 1

Hodge71

Nice video and subject matter!!

You son looks like he is having a good time. I would have liked mowing when I was a youngster if dad made me use a Wheel Horse! :ychain:

I started on my Dads 12 Automatic at 9 years old. Jeb is 9 so i figured he was ready. I've seen his control get much better over the last 3 years of plowing so mowing was his next hurdle

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   I have seen the Tach-a-matic and mule drive adapted to GT-14s a couple of times, drill a few holes in the right places and bolt them on.

ps; when you do it take lots of photos and post them.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Now there's a tractor worthy of the "great room"... :bow-blue: 

but, I think you guys are gonna need a bigger door.   :teasing-poke: 

Ken B

Very nice Jeff, it looks like its doing a real nice job mowing to. And hey, I learnt a new word today. Hoosegow... 

Trouty56

Very nice Jeff, it looks like its doing a real nice job mowing to. And hey, I learnt a new word today. Hoosegow... 

We use that word as the prison.....threw him in the hoosegow.....

nice tractor.....

Edited by Trouty56
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Great video, it looks like you've lost your rights to that one! I'm sure there are more. Of course love the tractor!!!

Ken B

We use that word as the prison.....threw him in the hoosegow.....

nice tractor.....

Funny, I knew I heard that name referred to something before!

Hodge71

It's supposed to mean prison. I've heard the farmer I used to work for as a youngin' use it for the pigpen and my gram used it to mean any that was a pain in the butt was a pain in the hoosegow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

tkol1969

mine has one. its doable but close fit. ill try and get more pics for you.

post-8872-0-25107700-1430661319_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Aldon

Very interested in adding it to my GT14's as well so pics would be great.

Wheel-N-It

That young man is doing a fine job of mastering the GT-14 Big Guy :dance: