baerpath

It's to small auction buy

mels

Looks like the ultra-rare French military version!  Damn rare find you've got there!   :)

• Like 2

KC9KAS

Don't know what you had to give for it, but I am happy for you and wish I had one....No it won't grow, but it will grow on you!

• Like 1

Racinbob

Definitely not a keeper in New York but don't throw it back. Just bring it to the big show and I'll bring it to a nice warm climate and nurse it to maturity. :occasion-snowman:

• Like 3

SolarGuru

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the back wheels are on with the tread facing the wrong direction.

buckrancher

Duane drop her off at my house and I'll soak her in a vat of oil

Brian

mels

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the back wheels are on with the tread facing the wrong direction.

Hence the French Military version, Lol

groundhog47

Naw, just the left is on right, and right is on left, or whatever was left is wrong. Is that right! :bow-blue:  

All in all though, baerpath, I envy your find, no matter where it was "born" :handgestures-thumbup: 

Edited by groundhog47
  • Like 1

Pullstart

I've never noticed on another RJ or suburban, but does that rod on the hitch lift the deck off the ground?  genius use of so many implement features with a simple lift rod!

953 nut

I've never noticed on another RJ or suburban, but does that rod on the hitch lift the deck off the ground?  genius use of so many implement features with a simple lift rod!

That is the way it is on my suburban too, the front lift picks up the front of the mower and the sleeve hitch picks up the rear. Not a great deal since I have the LTD-24 dump cart that is pulled from the same sleeve hitch. I don't mow with it any more so; problem solved.

Hammerhead

That is a nice 1960 Model #400 from where I am sitting! Swap the rear wheels around and you got a good little Suburban! Nothing wrong with a machine that nice! Original 4 hp. Kohler, mower deck and wheels! Good score if ya ask me!

• Like 1

baerpath

I probably gave to much for it, but the other bidder is a craigslist parts seller. Not sure what it was worth There was a nice GT next to it, today they have it all in pieces on craigs list They keep buying whole ones and sell half the parts then scrap the rest of them.  Luckily I know the owner of the scrap yard they use

• Like 2

clip

Looks like the ultra-rare French military version! Damn rare find you've got there! :)

Laughed hard at that one.

OP, if the engine is seized dump that WD40 and pour in some ATF, let it sit for a day or two then try to start working the crank back and forth with a wrench on the flywheel bolt. It'll come loose.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Not too small for me.   :teasing-poke: 

baerpath

So what's it worth as it sits ? I feel I gave to much for it, but doesn't really matter. At least it's not being parted on C list

Brrly1

My guess would be between $200 - $250

• Like 1

trowel

Jus needs to be switch to the other sides. Left to right and vice versa.

Edited by trowel

boovuc

Oh Mels, The French Underground is going to get you for that!

Nice save Duane! Better in your hands than being parted out. Especially a complete older tractor like that. There are lots of GT's but whole RJ's, Suburbans and the early three digit series need more "saves" than "partings".

• Like 1

CasualObserver

That is the way it is on my suburban too, the front lift picks up the front of the mower and the sleeve hitch picks up the rear. Not a great deal since I have the LTD-24 dump cart that is pulled from the same sleeve hitch. I don't mow with it any more so; problem solved.

The other option would be to use the AH-60 hitch..... Because the mower deck tied up the slot hitch, they designed this auxiliary hitch for tow-behind implements.

towhtich1.jpg

Nice buy on the little suburban Duane, always good to save the decent ones from salvage. :thumbs:

baerpath

It's going to the show But it only gets a one way ticket. Hopefully If interested get ahold of me

stevebo

Pm sent