Sign in to follow this  
66horse

new guy w/ 606

66horse

Just wanted to introduce myself. Names Rob and im in Ne ohio. I just got my first wheel horse a few days ago. 1966 606 . Its in overall good shape could use carb rebuild and paint soon but im very happy w/ it. Starts right up and runs and shifts good, good sheetmetal , All original other than seat. Ill get some pics up as soon as i can.

Ive been searching and reading up the past cpl days. Looks like Lots of good info and people on this site. Which is good to see and im sure will prove to come in handy many times again.

I plan on restoring the 606 in the next few years. I got a snow blower, mower and snow blade extra wheels/ag tires, chains etc w/ it so im gonna see how it likes to work before i get around to restore. :D I was a little leary of the smaller 6hp tec. at first but after riding it around a little today and from what ive seen the father in law do w/ his 7hp I think it will tackle what i need it for. Just pushing some dirt/gravel from time to time, snow blowing etc.

Im pretty sure i got a long frame snow blade though. I took the blower off today and tried to hook up the plow to level out some dirt my last tractor left behind when it passed (sears)

:hide:

Anyway i got it lined up where it needs to go for rear mounts and looked up front, the blade was nearly 3' in front of the hood lol. Then i looked at the linkage setup and its about 1 ' away from the lift bar. Might try to cut it and shorten it since it looks to have been modified once already, but if i hunt for another one can anyone tell me which setup i will need to look for? Any short frame will work??

BairleaFarm

:hide: look around, and post some pics

canam1991

Just wanted to introduce myself. Names Rob and im in Ne ohio. I just got my first wheel horse a few days ago. 1966 606 . Its in overall good shape im very happy w/ it. Starts right up and runs and shifts good, good sheetmetal , All original

thats wheel horse for you :horseplay: :hide:

Raider12

:hide: :D Glad to have aboard Rob. I to am located in the NE Ohio. Im over here just outside of Akron.

Denver

HorseFixer

Rob :D good luck with the 606 and remember we love pictures! :hide:

84 400

Welcome rob

JimD

:hide: rob. another n,e, ohio guy here. portage county. about your plow, my long frame plow has another set of holes to move the rear attachment point forward about a foot. this should make yours come out just about right if yours has it too. we buckeyes ought to have a meet and greet some time. i would love to meet you guys and swap horse stories. jim.

66horse

Thank you for the welcomes guys. Ill get pics here today if i can. Im pretty close to the Pa line trumbull county.

As for the snow plow mount. My plow frame doesnt have the 2nd set of holes.

I should be able to measure and cut a set of new holes w/ no problems though right? Id like to make this blade work if i can, so i dont have to hunt for another one since i have some work to finish in the yard before the snow flies lol.

66horse

Forgot to snap pics today while in the garage but ill get some shortly.

I disassembled and started sanding the snowblower today. Going to restore the attachments first then do the tractor. They are going to be used so im not going too crazy w/ detail just clean up and repaint, new bearings/hardware as needed.

mcwh1950

Just wanted to introduce myself. Names Rob and im in Ne ohio. I just got my first wheel horse a few days ago. 1966 606 . Its in overall good shape could use carb rebuild and paint soon but im very happy w/ it. Starts right up and runs and shifts good, good sheetmetal , All original other than seat. Ill get some pics up as soon as i can.

Ive been searching and reading up the past cpl days. Looks like Lots of good info and people on this site. Which is good to see and im sure will prove to come in handy many times again.

I plan on restoring the 606 in the next few years. I got a snow blower, mower and snow blade extra wheels/ag tires, chains etc w/ it so im gonna see how it likes to work before i get around to restore. :D I was a little leary of the smaller 6hp tec. at first but after riding it around a little today and from what ive seen the father in law do w/ his 7hp I think it will tackle what i need it for. Just pushing some dirt/gravel from time to time, snow blowing etc.

Im pretty sure i got a long frame snow blade though. I took the blower off today and tried to hook up the plow to level out some dirt my last tractor left behind when it passed (sears)

:hide:

Anyway i got it lined up where it needs to go for rear mounts and looked up front, the blade was nearly 3' in front of the hood lol. Then i looked at the linkage setup and its about 1 ' away from the lift bar. Might try to cut it and shorten it since it looks to have been modified once already, but if i hunt for another one can anyone tell me which setup i will need to look for? Any short frame will work??

Then i looked at the linkage setup and its about 1 ' away from the lift bar.

are you sure you how the rear mount on right

66horse

im pretty sure, seems to only go one way, properly anyway. Ive been checking out some pics, im almost 100% sure this is a long frame plow i have. Im going to try and fine a short frame if i can before long if not ill prob. mod this one to fit.

66horse

thanks, yep i saw that thread along w/ some other pics in old cl classifieds and the msg boards that led me to the conclusion i have the wrong blade. Mine looks like the one in the right in first pic.

Im sure i can make this one work by cutting some new hole and moving it back but id much rather not mod it since its in nice shape. Im sure ill have a long frame sometime in the next season anyway that i can use it with.