two horser

1533 bearing needed

two horser

Hi,all new to this site so please excuse any missteps. That being said I am in need of 1533 bearings as I am starting a restoration of a 416 8 speed. Please let me know how to go about using this wonderful site. My first post

Thanks two horser

• Like 1

pfrederi

The 1533 bearings are no longer available from Toro.  You should post a wanted ad in the classified section here.

groundhog47

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: .  Like Paul said above, some folks vend an occasional new or good used one. Some have found a way to substitute another bearing by machining the case. Up top right is a "search pane", type in what you need and pick the section (forum, manuals, gallery, ect) and you'll find all sorts of info. The classified section has "function" for you to post a Wanted Ad. It continually rolls until ad finally "spins off". 

"Have a great day every day!"

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square.  My advise on that bearing...if yours are still OK...clean them and don't change them out.  If you have 1 or 2 bad ones...send a PM (personnel message) to Racinfool40 (Mike).  He has a few used sets for sale.  All of the rest of the bearings and seals in your transmission are available from places like Motion Industries, NAPA, TORO.  :)

Just so you know...a few years ago, when TORO still had some new ones on the shelf...they were about $80 apiece.  :bow-blue:   Yea...that's right...each.  :)

pacer

As said, if yours are useable at all just keep them. Being cleaned up and running fresh oil, one that may have felt a bit rough would last for quite a long time, especially if the tractor doesnt see heavy duty.

If yours are really rough check the sources shown.

• Like 1

rmaynard

It just amazes me that there isn't another application in the whole wide world that uses that size bearing.  :scratchead:

• Like 3

Lagersolut

Welcome to Red Square.  My advise on that bearing...if yours are still OK...clean them and don't change them out.  If you have 1 or 2 bad ones...send a PM (personnel message) to Racinfool40 (Mike).  He has a few used sets for sale.  All of the rest of the bearings and seals in your transmission are available from places like Motion Industries, NAPA, TORO.  :)

Just so you know...a few years ago, when TORO still had some new ones on the shelf...they were about $80 apiece.  :bow-blue:   Yea...that's right...each.  :)

You made my day,  couple of years ago I found  (1 )  1533 NOS  on E-bay and gave 50 bucks for it ......had no idea Toro was getting that for 1 bearing .

• Like 1

pacer

It just amazes me that there isn't another application in the whole wide world that uses that size bearing.  :scratchead:

Aint that the truth!!!

When I started fooling with horses Groundhog (a member here) was telling me about the (in)famous 1533 bearing being nonexistent new I thought, naw, theres got to be some somewhere under another # or another mfg or  .... Well if there is nobody can find them :eek:

• Like 1

groundhog47

Aint that the truth!!!

When I started fooling with horses Groundhog (a member here) was telling me about the (in)famous 1533 bearing being nonexistent new I thought, naw, theres got to be some somewhere under another # or another mfg or  .... Well if there is nobody can find them :eek:

But/and thanks to your fine machine work

and bearing search a cure saved a couple trans for another time :greetings-clappingorange:

Edited by groundhog47
  • Like 1

buckrancher

isn't propitiatory a wonderful thing

Brian

• Like 2

two horser

Thanks to all that have replied as a new member to this org. I'm looking forward to getting to know people that have knowledge on these tractors. As stated I want to refurbish my Gt1600 workhorse  excellent tractor but needs lots of tlc. learning alot thought it was a 416-8 wheelhorse. Was told basically same except motor. Well being new finding out lots of stuff.

thanks again 

two horser

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You do know...we like pictures??  :)  Let us know how it goes.