caddisman

Ignition Switch Help

caddisman

Can anyone tell me the Wheel Horse number for this Ignition Switch. Attached is the switch and tractor it came out of. The tractor is 8 Speed, Kohler 14HP.

Thank you,

Anthonypost-5918-0-63674100-1429576880_thumb.jppost-5918-0-35150400-1429576891_thumb.jp

Edited by caddisman

gwest_ca

Got a tractor model number or better still the spec number off the engine?

Garry

pacer

Most any auto parts store has these switches - around $10. I just run up to my near by OReilleys and grab one...

Oops, they do make two styles, one for magnetos and the other like you want. The magneto one has an "M" on one of the legs.

gwest_ca

A 1978 or 1979 C-141 8-speed uses a Kohler spec # 60322D with battery ignition so there should be a standard looking round coil mounted next to the carb. The ignition switch is a very common WH/Toro part number 103990 recognized by many aftermarket suppliers. It should have an I (eye) terminal on it for battery ignition.

Garry

wallfish

replacement switches are pretty cheap but like Pacer said, make sure you get one that is for "battery ignition"

You can also go cheaper and clean your existing switch. Open it up by prying up the crimped edge of the metal body so the insulator board holding the prongs can be removed. Be careful of the springs when you open it. Pretty simple design inside there so just clean all the copper contacts and reassemble it. Make sure to pay attention to how it comes apart and where the springs are located. After all contacts are cleaned, Hold the parts together and tap the crimp back down to hold the board in. It won't look like a perfect crimped edge when done but you'll never see it once installed. If the swith is junk as it is anyway, you have nothing to loose by taking it apart. 

post-658-0-00018100-1429651164_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

caddisman

Thanks Garry,John and Pacer. I really love this site. I'm always able to find the answers to my wheel horse questions.

I really appreciate all of the help you guys!

Thank you,

Anthony