Ramanonos

Picked up C125. No idea...

bmsgaffer

Nice find! Welcome!

That tractor is in great shape! Even looks like the plastic fender is in good shape! That fender cracks and breaks very easy so most here replace it with a steel fender from either the earlier C-series (will fit but may require holes drilled) or the later 300,400,500 series (direct fit, no modification necessary.

The deck requires 2 belts. One will go from PTO to center pulley and the other is for the deck spindles. It looks like the deck is missing the tensioner pulley, center spindle pulley and some parts. We have the manual and parts list on here if you search out the part number (on the tag by the rear wheel).  I cant see the front, but you will need a mule drive that clips into the front attachmatic to route the belt around the front axle.

Blades are standard and someone will jump on here to get you the part numbers (or a quick search might net you the same results).

Let me see if I can find you some pictures...

wallfish

:WRS:

NICE SCORE!

That deck will fit your tractor but it's missing a couple of pulleys. The double drive pulley and an idler pulley to tension the belt. You'll also need a mule drive which is a pulley setup that attaches to the front of the tractor so a belt from the PTO can attach to the deck. Use the search feature in the upper right to search in the manual section for the manuals you need.

EDIT: Looks like gaffer posted while I was typing

Edited by wallfish

bmsgaffer

Replacement Blades on this thread:

Pictures of deck with guards and tensioner in place:

Someone will probably have a better pic of the mule drive hook up, but here is the basic idea:

post-6955-0-37926900-1429279244_thumb.jp

bmsgaffer

Mower Deck Owners Manual:

Mower Deck IPL (parts list):

And if you figure out what parts you need then you can post a wanted ad here and there will be people that probably have good used parts they can sell you. (likely Dave, daveoman1966)

shallowwatersailor

Nice tractor! It should polish up very nicely. If that rear fender is without any cracks or damage, I would look for a steel fender as some members probably would love to have it for restoration. The mower deck will need some work plus the mule drive. The estate may still have it and didn't realize what it was.

Racinbob

:WRS: You came to the right place for help. It looks like the guys have got you going on the parts you'll need. Like John said, some of the parts are likely still sitting around the estate and the seller didn't know they belonged to this tractor. I'd go back and see. That is one clean C-125! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ken B

That looks like a real nice machine and well kept. I kinda like the look of the plastic rear fenders myself.. Whatever you spent it was money well spent and it is totally worth getting the missing parts for the deck. That tractor will last a lifetime if taken care of. Take care of it and your son will be handing it down to his kids.

• Like 3

JackC

That is a beauty.  It is rare to find one with the plastic fender still in tact.  That, along with the overall great appearance of the machine, is evidence that it was well taken care of.

doc724

I have to agree, that tractor is in great shape. Finds like that do not come around all that often.

953 nut

:WRS:     â€‹We have several members here who deal in used parts and can hook you up; just post a "wanted" posting with the parts mentioned by others and a good close-up photo of the canter shaft which needs a pulley, someone will come to your rescue.

:text-welcomeconfetti: 

C-101plowerpower

hm, hm, that is one might fine looking tractor you've got there :handgestures-thumbupright:

is it strange to fall in love with a tractor?

KC9KAS

:WRS:  Thanks for the photos.

elliot ness

Nice find ! :happy-jumpeveryone: 

Ramanonos

Thanks everyone! The support here is great. I browsed through the manual and it appears need a belt that goes around here: e94f56757d5940ef1370abe61074e250.jpg

I suppose I don't quite understand how it the belt system makes a 90deg turn to the mower deck pulleys. A pic of this set up would be great. Could find anything googling it.

I'm also starting to think this deck might not go with the c125. I don't see any evidence of a broken/missing pulley(s) on the top here so I'll check out the parts for sale page, but I'm not clear about what pieces are actually missing:

269b277e6dc5a4e8f356e5bc173e43c3.jpgfbf33f98ba4e711526db060c1f3c29a3.jpg

Oh, I assume these might be for hydraulic mounts or is that something else?

b69babaa0e457b719c9489e4d6f0cb1a.jpg982eee1f45d522004d09cfbac1c96205.jpg

Lastly, she cleans up well. A little carb cleaning and she sounds nice too. Kinda bummed about the mower. If I can't fix it, I'll probably still keep the tractor for other projects.b62af26cd3f6f869a50bf8c78b8bb3ff.jpg

bmsgaffer

I think your deck will be just fine.

Blue is the belt routing, green is your missing parts.

post-6955-0-76666500-1429364108_thumb.jp

This is the same deck:

post-6955-0-62656600-1429364118.jpg

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

Here is a really good post on how to route the belt that you are missing through the mule drive that you are probably missing as well.

post-6955-0-26392600-1429364367_thumb.jp

post-6955-0-50153400-1429364376.jpg

• Like 1

pacer

One aspect to be considered here when discussing the deck is the missing parts could have been damaged/bad. They are parts that are fairly common to fail. The center pulley could have become loose and and wallowed out the key slot - look at the shaft end and see if the key slot is good (I'm currently rebuilding that same deck and thats what happened to one of the spindles) The bearing in the idler pulley may have failed and was pulled to replace (this pulley was also bad on my deck) All 3 of the spindles should be checked for free movement, the bearings in these can fail also. Hard to tell but the blades appear to be worn some but still serviceable.

The fitting under the engine appears to be for draining engine oil for oil change.

The valve on the rear is a fuel shut-off.

You got a nice looking horse there...

(Very nice illustration gaffer)

• Like 1

papaglide

Real nice tractor you got there. The help here is awesome to say the least! I can't add to what's allready been said because these fine folks have covered it all! Well done boys!

Not having the mule drive and just trying to visualize it may make the whole set up seem strange but once you get it all attached the set up makes total sense and it is SIMPLE.

Your tractor is a great example of a wheel horse. She can cut grass, snow blow, plow snow, till a garden, plow a garden with a mould board plow, cultivate a garden, tow a trailer or just use her to ride around and admire your yard!

Ramanonos

I love this wheelhorse. I dragged a large fallen tree with ease... Now I have to make her farm worthy.

Ok, so regarding the mower deck, it looks like I need a  bunch of parts. I couldn't open any of the manual links and also searched online. I'm not sure what these things are or where to get them. I've heard here that I need a "tensionor pulley", a "double pulley", an "idler pulley" a "center pulley" and a "spring". I guess I also need a couple belts (one from PTO, and another on the deck).  Anyways, not sure if I need 7 parts, or if they're called different things. I'm hoping it would be clear if I could look at a parts manual and know where to buy. Right now I'm a bit confused. That's ok. Awesome tractor and great support here so I'm willing to stick it out.

• Like 1

papaglide

All of the manuals are in pdf form so you need Adobe acrobat to read them or if you are on an iPad that will read them automatically. Were you downloading the manuals first or just trying to open them? I am pretty sure you need to download first, could b wrong it's been a while since I have done this.

You need:

For the deck:

Idler pulley

Idler spring

Center double pulley

For the tractor:

Mule drive

PTO belt for a 42" deck

The decks might still be able to be bought new from Toro.

Your local Toro dealer can/should be able to help you out with this stuff also.

Anyways, the support is here if you need it.

bmsgaffer

:text-yeahthat:  Yep. Mike summarized your purchase list well.

Also look into what pacer said. Your deck MAY have been taken apart for a reason (bad center spindle comes to mind) so you will have to spin the shafts and make sure they sound smooth and quiet. Look at the underside of the deck and make sure you see where all 4 bolts attach to the aluminum spindles. Make sure there is no cracks or breaks.

Once you get your list, I know there are some salvage guys on here that can hook you up with what you need at a reasonable price.

Try again on the manuals. Having the manuals at your disposal will be very helpful in figuring it all out. Wheel horse manuals are pretty good and should get you going in the right direction.

Ramanonos

Thanks. Hopefully ordering up the parts soon. Manual seems pretty good. I'll report back

jackhammer

Welcome Ramanous

Mr Greedy

My dad purchased a wheel horse c-125 that looks just like this last year. It's only been used a handful of times to mow a lawn, and the PTO belt (excuse me if that's not the right term) has become really loose.

Maintenance has fallen to me. 

I've been able to find instructions and pictures (like those above) for changing and training the deck belt and the main drive belt, but not the PTO belt. Surely there must be a tensioner for it? How do I adjust?

We have a C125 manual, but we don't know the horse ID/ serial number as it's been poorly repainted and that sticker removed.

Not related, but some back story. It had terrible starting issues when he got it, which could only be solved by blowing into the fuel tank during cranking. Stipped and serviced carb, but that had no effect. So far bypassed mechanical pump and fitted facet 1.5 psi fuel pump and oil changed. It now starts on the button. Blanking plate for old pump hole on way from USA via Italy, so will take ages and costs £10!!!

Isle of Wight Horse, South of England.