Save Old Iron

What has been seen cannot be unseen

Save Old Iron

I hear cyclists believe it promotes an advantage with their aerodynamics and conserves energy.. :auto-biker:

Now you have me thinking. Instead of swapping out the 8 hp Kohler with the  10hp - maybe if I shave my legs and get a bikini wax?

• Like 2

19richie66

Leap frog was priceless, especially with a 150lb motor. Imagine losing your balance and having that end up on your toes. That leg injury could have been a lot worse. He's lucky he didnt snap that boney leg. Kind of looks like a young Bruce Jenner with the ponytail thing going on there or I may need more coffee.......

squonk

He makes Wylie Coyote look like Verner Von Braun !!

• Like 2

RMCIII

So let me get this straight. Negative to positive, to negative, to positive, to negative, to positive, plus the use of a massive "C" clamp, (1) wooden board with an antiquated electrical switch, some old water pipes connected in a fashion that makes a "make shift" structure for a front blade. << If you could even call that a blade. Add just (1) final ingredient, (1) clueless individual that has NCS, about any type of safety at all, and WHA-LA, you have the makings of who will be leading our country tomorrow! GENIOUS, why did I not think of that? Probably because I have too much respect for myself and others to even try something that stupid. All I can say is RESEARCH before you decide to SEARCH on your own!

Rob

• Like 1

Stigian

A quote from the 1st video....  "The battery has exploded, that's pretty cool"!!!  Er.. why is it cool?..

It's certainly one of those "bang your head against a wall" moments, or if your more of a cleared thinker, bang he's head against a wall :D

ranger

:help:    I knew a welder years back (not me) who was repairing a truck frame on a COE, didn't remove the battery or even cover it. When he stopped to check his work the rod hit the battery terminal, exploded it and fried every wire in the truck. His leathers, gloves and hood diminished his injuries. My guess is that this is his grandson, got to be!

If this is his Grandson, Grandad must have had safety pants on as well, frightening!!!! makes me go cold! these videos are like watching a horror movie,where you want to shut your eyes, but don't want to miss what happens!

Save Old Iron

more tips on battery wiring - or how to save a few cents by using the wrong wiring clips .... and a few wood screws.... and how to use a drill as a hammer ....

Edited by Save Old Iron

rmaynard

Wow, what a good deal. In local stores those alligator clips were thirty cents apiece, but he found them at Radio Shack for that bag of 10 for $3.00.  :scratchead:

• Like 1

JimD

Can you imagine what might happen if he ever gets a job with the power company? Talk about going "off the grid". :eusa-doh::blink:

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

Can you imagine what might happen if he ever gets a job with the power company? Talk about going "off the grid". :eusa-doh::blink:

http://youtu.be/QGeYD3rCUG0

Save Old Iron

Jim, any wiring advice for the lad?

All this to power a 50 watt bathroom light?

Did I see some "ceiling juice" squirt down at the 02:00 timeline?

Edited by Save Old Iron

19richie66

It's the magic cricket in the lamp that produces the power. You can see him at 2:34 in the video. I'm suprised he let himself be seen.

squonk

That $19.99 drill makes for a lousy hammer! 

JimD

Jim, any wiring advice for the lad?

Yes, stop now before you burn down your world. :ROTF:

Actually I thought it would be cool to see him plug in the big screen tv that sat out all winter at the end of the video.

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1

Save Old Iron

That $19.99 drill makes for a lousy hammer! 

You would think, with all the real life experience of a 21 year old self proclaimed Super Genius, this would be self evident.

Why wasn't this subject covered in shop class? Oh the good old days when got razzed for putting a hacksaw blade in backwards, or even upside down!

Oh yeah. We don't do that anymore!

No shop class, no criticism, no learning, no pride. 

Guess there is always learning to use a sewing machine to make a costume for Cosplay.

Save Old Iron

When I was a boy, teaching useful skills meant something.

Ahh the good old days of tortoise panzering..

mac15b

I like the fact that he was welding in his SANDALS!!

callum12

say in a stereotypical male advertising voice (had me laughing at my own joke!):
"hi there, you may remember me from other professional instructional videos such as 'how to convert lead acid battery into lithium polymer' and 'diy electric lawn mower'. join me for another instructional video and help SAFELY hone your diy skills"
:ychain::ychain:

C-101plowerpower

say in a stereotypical male advertising voice (had me laughing at my own joke!):
"hi there, you may remember me from other professional instructional videos such as 'how to convert lead acid battery into lithium polymer' and 'diy electric lawn mower'. join me for another instructional video and help SAFELY hone your diy skills"
:ychain::ychain:

Haha, how about this one,
Hi Rinoa here. Join me today in het another educational video where i show you how to use tools for jobs they're not designed for. Come follow me and i'll show you

Save Old Iron

I keep checking back in to monitor our friends progress in the world of solar energy engineering. 

Interesting response to an input on pre-drilling a pilot hole in the battery terminals

000036.png

• Like 1

chazm

I believe his user name says it all....  :eusa-doh:

bobert94

Oh boy what skill ill bet Red Green is wondering how he can get his hands on this young genius!!

stratostar250

I wish I saw this post when it was first posted so I could have kept up with you guys!  I am at a loss for words :laughing-rofl::eusa-think::scared-shocked::hide:

HorseHead1089

There was a man named Darwin and he said some things...That about covers it

WNYPCRepair

Entertaining, I'll say that much