Jtstraw

Added one to the stable

Jtstraw

Picked up a 74 C-160 with electric lift, 36" rear discharge deck, snow plow this week. That tecumseh has got to go.post-9826-0-43977700-1429142762.jpgpost-9826-0-00509800-1429142786.jpg

• Like 3

Dhodge

I like my Kohlers, but I will take those HH model Tecumseh's all day long

• Like 1

stevebo

Well you got your gear shift machine !! Good luck with it. I agree I would find a 16hp Kohler thumper to put in there !!

rustyoldjunk

I like my Kohlers, but I will take those HH model Tecumseh's all day long

What Dhodge said. The cast iron HH engines are strong,torquey and,smooth. Those engines get a bad rap and IMHO its mostly people who have little or no experience with them passing on a buck that they know nothing about. After all how bad can a these engines be when there are tons of them still out there running strong 40-50 years later.....Oh,nice find !

Edited by rustyoldjunk

Jtstraw

Thanks Steve, yes I'm waiting on the parts to arrive to finish my k341. The tecky is not original it's an OH140. Going to plow the garden then start the restoration process.

Jtstraw

If it was the original HH160 I would definitely rework it to keep it original, but I've got the 341 so that's the route I'm going. Who knows maybe I'll luck out and find one down the road and slide it in to make as it came from the factory!

• Like 1