Sign in to follow this  
bluetuna08

wheel horses in new england

bluetuna08

I have noticed that wheel horses tend to command more money in maine and the new england area more so than in the mid west.

wheel horses in maine are going for almost the same money as what a green and yellow jobby are going for. its kinda cool to see a horse valued with the deeres. it does make it hard for guys to get many good deals, but they do come along.

60's wheel horses are very rare up here though. 70s horses are fairly easy to find, but command some money. 80s stuff is everywhere and the same with the 90s stuff. when you find one you want up in maine you better be prepared to shell out the coin though. it is almost to the point were I can justify driving 600 miles to pick up a horse...so be on the look out for this rustler :banghead: :horseplay:

JimD

hi bluetuna. i check out ebay everyday to look at what parts are for sale. i have to agree that the tractors in new england states go higher than here in n.e. ohio. they,re even higher in pa. than they are here. i think it must be that oh., in., ill., and mi. states were the primary market at the time. the farther away from south bend you are, the less the availability. that, and the fact that sellers are catching on that people are collecting these great machines. and let's not forget all the snow removal needed up your way. even here, i see some far out asking prices at times. i just try to be patient and wait for the right deal to come along. what else can we do?

84 400

yeah it is defiantly a waiting game around here. I noticed that a year or two ago people where really getting into collecting tractors and prices where really high. Now they seem to have settled down a bit. It also does not help that I see alot of ads on cregslist telling people they will pay cash for antique or even specifically wheel horse equipment. But it is two sided because as wheel horse owners we can watch the values go up :banghead:

I don't see a problem with driving a ways for a good deal on a horse. Heck I flew down and drove my truck back from Texas because it was a good deal and RUST Free.

MaineDad

It' all my fault :banghead:

Just kidding...

saguaro

Question. Where were they sold in the US? Seems like they are really stong around the Lake's/mid-west. Are the one's farther south and west transplants?

CasualObserver

Question. Where were they sold in the US? Seems like they are really stong around the Lake's/mid-west. Are the one's farther south and west transplants?

Smiley... check this post out.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2231

JimD

It' all my fault :omg:

Just kidding...

:USA: i knew it had to be you! :banghead:

saguaro

Thanks Jason. Makes sence. I'm sure kansas has always been green territory for small tractors.

HorseFixer

Yep does make sence after reading that. :USA: I would also say that easterners have more money than us midwesterners :banghead: just kidding! :omg:

Duke

bluetuna08

the adds on craigs list advertising the highest price paid for garden tractors really P's me Off. I keep my eyes open in many states though and those guys are all over the place...its kinda odd.

but whats really bad is this ontoyou fella that is driving prices up in New england. a lot of people that have a horse to sell check out what the going price is. when they see this wacko they over price their stuff thinking its all good. he is also on ebay and makes it hard for an honest fella to get a good resto project for a decent dollar.

and no people in maine dont have a lot of money...well only southern maine, I am up north...

micah :hide:

MaineDad

and no people in maine dont have a lot of money...well only southern maine, I am up north...

micah :D

I'm too far inland to be rich :hide:

Duff

You want to see high prices in New England, check out this listing on Ebay:

Freakin' OUCH!!!!! :hide::D:omg:

Duff :hide:

canam1991

yes very ouch :hide:

Butch

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHEEL-HORSE-LAWN-MOWER...id=p3286.c0.m14

I live up here and I don't mind paying a little extra if it is in extra nice shape but :hide:

The tractor itself is located near Trenton, NJ.

bambooheels

just curious who is this ONTOYOU guy? is he on ebay? whats his location? ive never seen him before, is he in PA

Sparky

He lives in Massachusetts and has earned a reputaion for being underhanded and not totally honest in his e-bay dealings.

Mike........

bambooheels

ok thanks for the info, i buy and sell alot on ebay and didnt want to get robbed, but i will never be down that way! i do see alot of those guys on craigs list offering to buy garden tractors, just curious why does everyone hat ethem so much?

Butch

He lives in Massachusetts and has earned a reputaion for being underhanded and not totally honest in his e-bay dealings.

Mike........

He doesn't bend wheels before he ships them does he?? :hide:

Duff

Mike........

...and Mike's being both kind and reserved in his assessment of that turkey! :D

Duff :hide:

HorseFixer

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHEEL-HORSE-LAWN-MOWER...id=p3286.c0.m14

I live up here and I don't mind paying a little extra if it is in extra nice shape but :hide:

Looks like he is trying to slip somebody the "GREEN WEENIE" :D

buckrancher

just curious who is this ONTOYOU guy? is he on ebay? whats his location? ive never seen him before, is he in PA

He lives in Berkley Mass. I've been to he's house to pick up some parts

before He seems to be a nice guy and easy to talk with .But he is in it

for the money he said he parted out a suburban 400 once for over $1300.00

he wished he had abunch of them too sell that way

To each his own I guess :hide:

bluetuna08

not to be a turd...but...new jersy isnt part of new england :hide:

new england consists of maine, new hampshire, vermont, mass, and I guess we will take half of connecticut if we have to :hide: and give the other half to new york :D

Butch

Jersey is considered a Middle Atlantic state. I think New England starts after NY.

Duff

new england consists of maine, new hampshire, vermont, mass, and I guess we will take half of connecticut if we have to :hide: and give the other half to new york :hide:

Don't forget our little brother Rhode Island! :D

Duff :omg: