cliff

instruction manual kohler electro 12

cliff

hi, just joined. purchased a kohler electro 12 but have no workshop or even instruction manuals so i'm trying to work-out controls etc. don't  know much about the tractor yet (it's a belgium). i intend  restoring it, looks like it has some of the hydraulics but not sure about attachment fittings etc, as yet i have no attachments, so if there's anyone who has control, instruction, workshop manuals i would be happy to buy. runs nicely forward and back though the ignition switch is faulty but that's about all i know. any help much appreciated

model 1-7255

serial no 2685

Anglo Traction

Hello Cliff, :WRS: . Sorry I only just noticed this :hide: . Don't like to see posts go unanswered.

Well done on the purchase. Not a common machine in UK. It's a 1970  Model.

Should be a Kohler K301s with a Spec number of 47371.

Transmission is a Sundstrand. 

There is a lack of Manuals for the 1970 model, but I believe there is one for the 1969 model (1-7245) and although the Engine Spec number is different, I think it has the same 10amp Alternator output?. There are  people who are far more knowledgeable on here than I.

There is some info on your Model number. If you type the number into the box on this Toro link, it will show you some parts etc. -  https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro&lang=us_en

There is a Sundstrand Service Manual, Kohler Service Manual,Tractor Manual, IPLs and Wiring Diag for the 69 Model available in the Downloads Section on here (in the Header of Main Page) at no cost to you as they have been donated by Members/Supporters .

Would appreciate any pics if you can.

Regards.

Edited by Anglo Traction

cliff

Thanks for the information, new to wheelhorses and forums, but,this site seems to.be very helpful and friendly. So far I have worked, out, gears brake and not much else but I intend a restoration may take a while, other commitments! Hopefully I will have time to use this site more fully soon, again thank you from sunny Cornwall, cliff

Anglo Traction

Thanks for the information, new to wheelhorses and forums, but,this site seems to.be very helpful and friendly. So far I have worked, out, gears brake and not much else but I intend a restoration may take a while, other commitments! Hopefully I will have time to use this site more fully soon, again thank you from sunny Cornwall, cliff

No problem, glad to help and thanks for the update. Come back when ever you can. I'll be grateful for the company.

I have found one other UK member on here that has the same Model and year as your Electro, but has not visited since December.

I'll send a pm and see if he has any advice or information for you.

Regards.     

meadowfield

Hey cliff, welcome!

Richard is right, there are a few other models that we close enough for the parts diagrams etc.

Mark

Robins

Hi Cliff

Another Electro 12 in the UK :eek:  I thought i had the only one! :woohoo:

As for controls they are quite easy but i'm guessing you dont have any decals on yours telling you what does what which would be quite hard.

Any chance of some photos? and photos of what controls you want help with?

Lucky i visited here, don't have much time to go on forums now. 

cheers, Daniel

Anglo Traction

Well done Daniel, thanks, it saved me sending you a PM on the off-chance :handgestures-thumbup: .

Robins

No problem Richard, Something must have drawn me in to visit the forum, having a 10 week old baby and a house to build, i don't get much time to do now. Been using my Electro nearly every day for over a month taking trailer loads of tools and materials where my Transit just can't go :)

Cliff, has yours still got the Electric PTO? I have mine but someone has cut all the wires off inside so have to make do with the manual PTO for now.