Sign in to follow this  
Greg Parnell

Wheel Horse prepares for church

Greg Parnell

Earlier I posted that I had worked on the 753 and it was really pulling good now. :USA: I wanted to get it to pull good for a reason... the Wheel Horse is going to church.

I am planning to take my Wheel Horse and three wagons to my church and take the kids there in CMO on a Wheel Horse tractor pulled wagon train hayride. I've already done a few test pulls here with my son and his friends and it's working great now. :banghead: My Dad built the first wagon for my son and the last two are Radio Flyers.

Here is a couple of photos of the Horse and the wagons ready to go to church once we have a day and time set. I hope it's soon because I'm excited about this now.

Kids and hay to be added later!!

Oct312008005wtextfromback.jpg

WHWTwithTextOct208.jpg

T-Mo

Greg,

That's cool. How many kids are going to be riding? Where is the ride. i.e. parking lot, etc.?

Greg Parnell

There's about 30 kids from 2 to 5 years old. There's a large open smooth grass field( about 2 acres) in the back that is perfect for this. I'm thinking about picking up a load of kids, doing a big figure 8( in 2nd gear) and come back for another load.

84 400

That is neat. I actually drove my 552 to a few church events(3 miles from home) people think I am nuts because I drive it all over the place and down the power lines all the time. Should be a fun ride for the little kids.

Teddy da Bear

Holy Horses!!!

That is a worthwhile endeavor.... :banghead:

JimD

what a great idea! the kids will have a great time ( even the one driving the tractor), and who knows, you might even inpire a new generation of wheelhorse buffs. have fun enjoying those smiling faces.

bmuone

Very good use of your WH and wagons. Heck put a little hay for the kids to sit on and call it a hay ride!!!!......DT

HorseFixer

Very nice! :banghead: And I cannot think of a better place for them youngins to be than in the lords house! :USA:

Duke

tasmi01

That's a real cool idea I'm sure the kids will have a great time. I know my kids used to love being towed around :hide:

Brian1045

That's an awesome Pic! The tractor and wagons look really nice. I think it looks like a contender for the 2010 Wheel Horse calender even. :hide:

BPjunk

I am planning to take my Wheel Horse and three wagons to my church and take the kids there in CMO on a Wheel Horse tractor pulled wagon train hayride. I've already done a few test pulls here with my son and his friends and it's working great now. :hide: My Dad built the first wagon for my son and the last two are Radio Flyers.

Greg,

That is what makes doing this kind of project PRICE LESS !

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Greg Parnell

The hayride for the kids at church was a HUGE success!!! About 30 kids rode on the Wheel Horse Wagon Train Hayride and then all of them got their picture taken sitting on the "Little Tractor". My wife took the photos and the photos were handed out to the kids and parents today.

Everyone loved it.

T-Mo

I thinking the kids (even the big ones like.....you) enjoyed it. Got any pictures to share here. :hide:

Duff

Great job, Greg! :D:hide::omg:

:omg:

Duff :hide:

Greg Parnell

Here's a couple of pictures.

The 753 with the wagons and hay ready to go

Nov15-182008020.jpg

Pull'n away with another load of smiling kids!!

Nov15-182008023.jpg

With 3 wagons and 6 kids per trip, the 753 ran strong. As a first time owner of a Wheel Horse I am very impressed.

It was a little cold and windy and I give praise to God for such a good time.

Duff

Now THERE's a picture for the 2010 Calendar!!!!!

Duff :hide:

linen beige

Now THERE's a picture for the 2010 Calendar!!!!!

Duff :D

Absolutely! :hide:

KyBlue

Nice job!! and I agree...GREAT calendar pic

wolfcoln

What a great photo and it looks like lots of fun. Keep up the good work.

Terry