squonk

Squonk's Hockey Night in Buffalo Thread!

stevasaurus

Just try to get a puck through that line up.  I'd be looking at my skates.  :)

• Like 1

papaglide

1-nil games are getting very annoying now. I love the sport, played the sport and now coach the sport but as far as NHL hockey is concerned can I say that it now sucks? No other level of hockey is played quite as poorly as this crap is now. At least the playoff hockey does? Refs don't want to decide the game by blowing a penalty but if a player commits a penalty, isn't he deciding to do that thus his action is deciding the game not the ref for calling it? Hits to the head, no call: cross checks, no call: roughing after the whistle, no call: leaving your feet to make a hit, no call: interference , no call. Give me college hockey any time over this crap that they now call the NHL. Don't forget the league leader in points with a whopping 87!

Wow, thanks for letting me vent. Can't wait to see Eichel next year!

stevasaurus

Papaglide...is there such a thing as a bad burrito??    :ychain:    I kind of think you are correct...I remember when there were only 6 teams in the NHL...now that was great hockey.  :)  I don't know if you were able to watch the Hawks vs Wild game last night, but it was a good one.  Not one fight, no cheap shots...it was good clean hockey.  The Wild was at home and went down 1 to 0 and is now down 3 games to 0 in the best of 7.  The Hawks have done this to them the last 2 years...you would think that the game last night would have been a dirty war.  it was not.  the Hawks goalie (Crawford) was just plain lucky and hot...he stopped everything.  The Wild kept the puck in the Hawk's zone almost all of the 3rd period...they were relentless.  There was no ref problem...just some great hockey.

Question...is the sport watered down??  What pro sport isn't anymore??  Is it OK to vent???  Absolutely.  :orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1

squonk

You guys will do well in my upcoming Dougie Buffone Memorial NFL Rant n Rave thread!  :)  :violence-blades:

• Like 2

squonk

Habs have dug a nice hole for themselves as well!  :sad: 809103512avatar_zpsk8ixcbgu.gif

squonk

Hey ! The Habs decided to play finally!  :) animated-smileys-sport-030_zps4lcykfk0.g

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Hawks take game 4 and move to the West Conference finals.  :)

• Like 1

squonk

There is still hope for a Hawks / Habs match up!  :)  Hope the Hawks don't get rusty. NHL playoffs are to long. By the time they Stanley Cup finals are over, Glen Campell will be in  Phoenix and he won't be rising!  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

squonk

Stupid Habs!

papaglide

No coaching change either. They need to give Pacioretty some help up front. Maybe The Flower will come out of retirement.

stevasaurus

WHERE IS MY SHOUT BOX????  The Blackhawks are playing game 2 against Anaheim starting in like 10 minutes.  Hawks are down 0 to 1 against Anahemwhatever.  The Blackhawks shook off the rust 2 days ago...I hope.  COLD STEAL ON ICE.  ")

squonk

Steve, use the chat box!:)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

It is 11;35 CST...going to a 2nd overtime Chicago / Anaheim (sp).  Do they have ice in California...I thought they were out of water.???

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Did you see the head butt goal that won the game for the Hawks...and it was called illegal...2nd OT with 9:30 left 2/2 tie.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

game just ended...3 / 2 Chicago Blackhawks over the Anehiem  Ducks tied up the series at 1 game apiece...longest game in franchise history.  OK...now I am going to bed.  1:16 CST.  :)

I was going to say...see ya tomorrow...but that would be Thursday...so see ya later (Wednesday)...I think ...afternoon.  :)

There is justice after all.

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

WAKE UP!!! TIME TO GET CRACKIN!!!!  5:15 A.M. EST :)

• Like 1

squonk

Did you see the head butt goal that won the game for the Hawks...and it was called illegal...2nd OT with 9:30 left 2/2 tie.

​I didn't know Cutler played for the Hawks too! Dang, that guy is so versatile! 
http://Jay-Cutler-Gets-Up-as-Mike-Tice-Sits-Dow

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

squonk

Hawks still alive! The big question lingers. Will Steve make it thru another west coast 3 OT game? :)

stevasaurus

Game 7 is Saturday!!!  :)  The Hawks are wearing me out with this series for sure.  I don't know...this last game is going to be something else.  :)

• Like 1

squonk

That play by play announcer is awesome!  By the time it's all over, I bet he ages 5 yrs.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Yes, he is awesome for sure...so is the singing of the Star Spangled Banner...only in Chicago.  :)

stevasaurus

YEAAAA!!!!!!  The Chicago Blackhawks are back in the Championship Series for the Stanley Cup...with the Tampa Bay Ducks.  :)

Mike, we will get to hear that announcer and the star spangled Banner at least 2 more times.  :woohoo:

squonk

I wish they would play the Canadian Anthem as well :canada: I thought the girl last night eyes were going to pop out of her skull 277109581avatar.thumb.gif.d640319a062785  She really tried to over sing it 818109581avatar.thumb.gif.4db47f5ab6191fThere's always fights in hockey. Now are we going to have opera singer wars too? :) 732305134avatar.thumb.gif.73add0b5ccd7e7

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I don't remember seeing a fight in the Anahiem/Chicago series.

• Like 1

squonk

I don't think I saw one fight in the playoffs. Remember though I had limited viewing as I had to get to bed for some MUCH NEEDED beauty sleep. :sleeping-sleeping: Still I think guys just cut the crap and played hockey instead of going Mike Tyson because someone farted in the crease. :violence-blades: A power play goal for the opposing team may only mean the possible loss of a point or 2 when in the playoffs a win means so much more.imgres_zps70aef181.jpg

Edited by squonk