Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

WH Show fairgrounds pic

Sparky

Hey guys. Heres an arial shot of the grounds used for the WH Show. I got it off Yellowpages.com and with Karls help I am able to post it. As soon as you pull in off the road parking is off to the left and campers go off to the right. Straight ahead is Wheel Horse heaven :D ! In the big oval area are mostly show tractors and off to the right of that is the swap/sell/trade area.

Mike.......

fair1.jpg

CHARGER9AUTO

Hey guys. Heres an arial shot of the grounds used for the WH Show. I got it off Yellowpages.com and with Karls help I am able to post it. As soon as you pull in off the road parking is off to the left and campers go off to the right. Straight ahead is Wheel Horse heaven :D ! In the big oval area are mostly show tractors and off to the right of that is the swap/sell/trade area.

Mike.......

fair1.jpg

Mike, It's a Cool ariel shot of the South Mountain Fair Grounds Welcome Wheel Horse Collectors ! show . Ben.......

nylyon

Just to the right of the big building, I could be wrong, but isn't that Bill P, getting ready already? :D

combatmp29r

Sure looks like his red shirt Karl :P :D

Rollerman

Nah can't be...have you ever seen him stand still long enough to show up in a photo?

Michcruiser60

I saw him in a picture pulled over by the cops once.

CHARGER9AUTO

Nah can't be...have you ever seen him stand still long enough to show up in a photo?

Steve, I think Bill loves to talk with other Wheel Horse fans with tractors at the show every year he does not stay in one place for sometime it's hard for him to pay attention at us all to spend five minutes with to shoot the breeze . Ben :D

combatmp29r

You have avalid point stephen. I've seen him in alot of pics, but he always seems to be coming or going never standing still :D

CHARGER9AUTO

You have avalid point stephen. I've seen him in alot of pics, but he always seems to be coming or going never standing still :D

Yeah. Ben

Rollerman

Off topic here guys...but this is the only shot I got of Bill that developed.

I managed to put crazy glue on the seat & pull the spark plug before he posed on his MLR6S !

Bill your not still mad ?....LOL

0825070950-1.jpg

BPjunk

For those of you who would like a address to locate the South Mountian Fairgrounds in Arendtsville, PA for GPS or Map Quest use here it is. :D

South Mountian Fairgrounds

615 Narrows

Biglerville, PA

17307-9519

Whatda' mean never stand still at the Wheel Horse Show? Ya' see anouncin' the parade don't cha'? :P:(

Here's a little inside info :(Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine will be featuring a article about the 2007 show and some of the fine tractors that attended AND they will be at the show this year too!

Bill in Richmond, Va.

T-Mo

Okay, I've yahoo mapped it - only 834 miles one way or about 12.5 hours. This is going to be a tough sell to the wife. :D

Rollerman

532 miles & about 9 hrs for me Terry...& still a "very" tuff sell to the wife :D

Sparky

370 miles and about 7 hours including bathroom(2 kids), food, and gas stops.

Have you guys forgot my "Wine trick" :D .

Mike.........

CHARGER9AUTO

370 miles and about 7 hours including bathroom(2 kids), food, and gas stops.

Have you guys forgot my "Wine trick" :D .

Mike.........

Mike, I think once everyone is at the show Red Square forum members we should walk up to the refreshment house and buys some Cokes not Beer or Wine

is not allowed on show Grounds . :P Ben

HorseFixer

What would be nice would be for someone to take that map and make a legend for it and post it back up on here. This would help our "NOVICE MEMBERS" Namely me :whistle: find our way around what are all the buildings for, where do you park, ect, ect

Thanks Duke

oldandred

oldandred

What would be nice would be for someone to take that map and make a legend for it and post it back up on here. This would help our "NOVICE MEMBERS" Namely me :whistle: find our way around what are all the buildings for, where do you park, ect, ect

Thanks Duke

thats easy once you pull off the main road what you see in front oif you is parking stright ahead is show grounds the open area the buildings stright ahead to the left is a show building the buildings to the right is food ,bath , then to the left of then are sale buildings and show buildings then the buildings in the rear are for parts for sale and tractors for sale so just look at the map at the top of this messages.

just remember to keep the speed down to a crawl there are children playing all over and old people like me walking slow around all over

TT

Here's a fairly-quick attempt at adding info to a "map".

I didn't add a lot of things because it would take me all day. :whistle:

SMFairgroundsaerialmap-1.jpg

Sparky

Hmmm...I dont see outhouses anywhere :whistle: ...

Mike.........

TT

I fixed it up a little, Mike. :WRS:

Of course I didn't mark all of the trees out in the campground area - but I know they can be used too. :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

You guys need to find a way to rent a tour bus and car pool out there in the future.

rustbucket

why rent a tour bus when you can rent a camper/RV with trailer hitch and bring a nice big trailer and split the coast with people you have rideing along cause RV sleeps several if you get the right one

Teddy da Bear

I know....RVing is great (I have 3).

But there are people who's idea of "roughing it" is whether their hotel t.v. has remote or not. :whistle:

rustbucket

me and my dad are comeing down in our 2000 E-250 van with upgraded suspension from factory but no sleeping stuff so we will prolly be looking for some place to crash even if we have to pay a premium for it. we are also bringing the in restoration mode GT-14 with us to put around the fair on.