tractorchick

Wheel Horse Raider 12, 1969

tractorchick

I am going to attach the deck on this model, but am looking for a photo or manual to see how the deck attaches.  Can anyone help?

Thank you,

Kate

gwest_ca

1968 42" width of cut side discharge

If your deck is a different size let us know.

Garry

tractorchick

I thank you very much.  I am really bad about finding those manuals on here!!!  I'm sure if it were a snake it would have bit me! lol!

• Like 1

tractorchick

NOW I have another question.  Apparently the key switch burnt up on this unit.  I wonder how I can find the part number for that key switch so I can order another?

Sparky

I think the Raiders had two different ignitions over the years...do you know exactly what year yours is?

Mike...........

gwest_ca

The spec number off the engine decal should identify the tractor model if that is unknown.

Garry

• Like 1

tractorchick

It is serial 570451, model 1-6241 and I looked that up and it shows that it is a 1969 Wheel Horse Raider

Engine, K301-S 471447C

gwest_ca

Kohler K301S-47147c uses breakerless magneto ignition and there was a change to the ignition switch way back. Should be a 4-position key switch part number 8362. This is a heavy duty switch that does not use a starter solenoid and likely only available from Toro. There may be a cheaper 3-position magneto ignition switch if you add a solenoid to carry the starter load.

Here are 2 service bulletins on the switch you can download

Garry

Irv

And be careful not to use the wrong switch or cross wires as you can easily burn up the coil and/or the "trigger switch" which are hard to find and exspensive.

gwest_ca

Can not find an original wiring diagram for the 1969 Raider 12 model 1-6241 but the 1970 model 1-6252 uses the same K301S-47147c engine so have to assume the tractor wiring is the same. That operator manual we do have and the wiring diagram is in it.

Garry

tractorchick

Thank you -- very helpful!

Twohorses

Does anyone have a PDF of the manual for the 1-6241. I have two of these beauties and would like to have the manual for the 1969 raider 12.