Dieselcowboy

Tillotson carb conversion?

Dieselcowboy

Surely I'm not the only one that has had troubles getting a suburban 550 going with its original engine. I do believe my troubles stem from the carb. Has anyone successfully found a different carb setup that could replace the tillotson updraft carb and fit correctly? I've been trying for several years to get this engine to run and I'm really getting friustrated with these luason engines.

jeremi3210

I feel your pain. Mine has a clinton carb on it. It will pop but won't catch and keep running. Do you have a picture of the original you could post? I've read on here that some us a h60 carb on there's, they are easy to find.

slammer302

I have a old 5hp Tecumseh with a Kohler k161 or k181 carb was on it bolted right up

Dieselcowboy

The 550 is a special application tractor. There isn't enough room for a normal straight carb to hang off the front that I know of because of the hood stand. I can get a pic tonight of a carb mounted on the tractor and one on the floor.

trowel

Surely I'm not the only one that has had troubles getting a suburban 550 going with its original engine. I do believe my troubles stem from the carb. Has anyone successfully found a different carb setup that could replace the tillotson updraft carb and fit correctly? I've been trying for several years to get this engine to run and I'm really getting friustrated with these luason engines.

Are you talking about the Tilly model E ? if so which one ?

Upload a picture of the carb if unsure.

Send me a PM, I work two jobs and become lost in space at times.