localdj77

PTO hitch bearings

localdj77

I'm assuming this is the right area because I didn't find the info in my main tractor manual but here we go....

312-8....

Was installing my new/used belt cover for the mule drive (I think thats what its called) and noticed that the bearing for the pulley were sloppy.  Does anyone have an exploded view?  I also need to know if the bearing are servicable or if I need the whole pulley.

I am also not sure about how the cover goes on as mine was missing and if I was to simply install it the cover would rub on the outer pulley.

Help?!?!?!

gwest_ca

I don't know if you can replace just the bearings. Sometimes it can be done.

The replacement V-idler is 104974 replaced by 92-7103 or Stens 280-750

The replacement flat-idler is 104975 replaced by 92-7104 or Stens 280-743

A 1/2" #101757 spacer goes between the cover and the flat idler and a 5/8" 101734 spacer goes between the idler pulleys.

Garry

localdj77

So the 2 pulley should be different?  I think mine are the same.......could be another hack job from previous owner?

gwest_ca

Is your deck a 37" side discharge with 2 blades that uses a 6-sided belt? Some of them use two V-idler pulleys.

Garry

squonk

I changed just the brgs. On my mule. I don't remember which went on what pulley but the numbers were;

Napa Small engine 704140 or 6203RS

And 6203 2RS12

localdj77

Yeah mine is a 37" side 6 sided belt.  For the price I am seeing I will most likely just get the whole pulley.  Mine are a bit rough.  So should I go with two 927103's?

Would love to find an exploded diagram of this thing!

Don1977

Sent you a PM on the exploded  diagram of the Mule Drive.

localdj77

Thanks Don.......

Everyone I asked Don as well.....both of the diagrams he led me to takes a flat and a V pulley......How would I know if mine should remain 2 V's or if I should get a flat one???

bmsgaffer

If you have the 6 sided belt you will need the 2 v's or else you will have issues with the belt flipping or hopping off entirely.

bmsgaffer

It looks like the IPL for the 37 deck (i only opened one) may call out a flat idler, but it shows 2 V belt pulleys in the diagram. I assume the different part numbers are a misprint.

I could be totally wrong though... :scratchead:

localdj77

Just found another listing on parts tree that supports that.....perfect!  Order up!

No you are right.....but wrong....lol......same picture but multiple variations.  I'm gonna stick with two v's.....never had issues.

• Like 1

dcrage

Good choice I believe -- If you tried to change over to the "normal" v-belt you would also have to change out the two idler pulleys on the top of your deck -- Right now they are 'equipped' for your 6 sided belt

localdj77

Thats funny......one of them is flat!

dcrage

Well, heck, that shows what I know -- Seems like you would need v-idlers, but............?

gwest_ca

The first deck model 05-37SC01 used the 6-sided belt with 2 V-idler pulleys on the deck and 2 V-idler pulleys on the front idler assembly.

Here is a good sheet on the belt routing for the 6-sided belt

The second deck model 05-37SC02 used a regular belt with 2 flat idler pulleys on the deck and 1 V-idler pulley on the left and 1 flat-idler pulley on the right on the front idler assembly. Left and right is always from the operator's position.

Garry

localdj77

I have downloaded those a while ago.....good info!