SethL1984

Misfiring / Won't stay running M14 with video.

SethL1984

https://youtu.be/0_zX7Ur6quI

What do ya think guys!? 

Once it starts it seems to misfire or something. I provided the video to help you hear what I'm dealing with!

Edited by SethL1984

ericj

take the bowl off the carb, probably condensation in there from the ethanol fuel it will actually raise the float level and cause  it to flood, i surmise that how it happen don't know for sure, but i know that i have fixed my neighbor's B 80 several time for same symptoms by doing this. first time i pulled the carb all the way off but after that i got smart and just drop the bowl and fixed it that way. clean the inside of the bowl and careful of the bowl gasket and make sure you start the bolt back in the carb straight. i bought a 312 one time that somebody did that to almost had to buy a new carb. good luck

eric j

• Like 1

Forest Road

What he said!

How old are the fuel lines? They do break down. It's worth $5 to replace them and use an inline filter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SethL1984

Thanks for the input so far! 

I tried emptying the carb, havne't had a ton of time to play with it. Also, the fuel lines were replaced last winter with a new fuel filter; as well as a new fuel pump.

stevasaurus

The screw on top of the carb...screw it in until it "gently" bottoms out...pay attention to how many turns it takes...might be like 2 1/2 turns.  Then pull that screw out...there is a little hole down near the bottom of the shaft of that screw.  Using carb cleaner and a small piece of wire, clean out that hole.  Put screw back in by bottoming out and the backing back out the revolutions you counted in the first place.  If that hole is clogged or dirty...it will do what your horse is doing.

I would also take a look at your points...should be .0020...I like about .0018 on older machines.  The points control your timing on these Kohlers.  Hope that helps.  :)

• Like 1

squonk

Also make sure your condenser wire hasn't broken. (It happened to me! )  :)

Don1977

That is an Magnum 14 or so he posted, won't have points or condenser. Carb., fuel pump,  fuel filter, gas lines, screen in tank or tank cap not vented,  When you get it running and it's still miss firing the valves may need adjusting.

My Magnum 12 ran fine but it had a constant miss fire. I found the intake valve was at less then half of the specified setting..

Fordiesel69

Try a new plug before doing anything.  Mine just did the same exact thing and I wasted a lot of time for not.  The plug was replaced in DEC.  Fouled out this weekend.

Looking at your other videos, you had some fuel problems going on as well.  Did you ever solve those?

SethL1984

Fordiesel69 - I did solve them! Found the screen in the tank junked up, replaced that. Ended up replacing everything between the tank and carb. New fuel lines, inline filter, even new fuel pump! 

I'll be sure to give the spark plug a try.

stevasaurus

Sorry, I completely missed the M at the start of this thread.  :bow-blue:

SethL1984

So the bowl clean out worked! 

Anyone know where to get a rebuild kit?

SethL1984

So what does it mean whenfuel "pours" out while turning the engine over?

oldredrider

Stuck float or float valve will cause "flooding".

ericj

ethanol gas condensation build up in the bowl will also cause this i know you said you just cleaned the carb but if it was in the gas tank it could end up in the carb again as fast as you clean it out. good luck

eric j

John Galt
NAPA auto parts has rebuild kit for about 12 bucks. Also look at ebay.

SethL1984
large.IMG_2256.JPG.94c306a08ebd5d1b11104
Boom! Overhauled carb runs AWSOME!!