Cutlas3391

Nice Wheel Horse 1054 Find

Cutlas3391

Pick up a nice Wheel horse 1054 today from a Canada fellow today. Runs nice and comes with a nice plow. The tractor doesn't need much just a good tune up and probably going to use this one as a worker. I will have to order headlight lenses from glen actually make that 2 set since I have two 1054s now. Are these becoming rare tractors now? post-8224-142794416705_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142794417809_thumb.jpgpost-8224-14279441877_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142794420657_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Sparky

Nice machine!

Are those passenger car tires?

Mike........

squonk

I've heard of people installing car tires on them. Nothing wrong with that!  :)

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Very nice!

Lets see, 7 MPH top speed, 70,000 mile tires..that is 10,000 hours......NEVER change a rear tire again!!

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:  that is going to be a great worker. Take care of it and enjoy the ride. Gary   B.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Rare...well yeah, when they look like that one.   :thumbs: 

• Like 1

duke

One of the best! Good workers those lil' 1054's! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

PaulC

Shawn pretty soon your going to have to sell all your vehicles and use wheel horses to go pick up more wheel horses haha. Nice machine you got there!!

Would that plow fit a 300 series tractor? Ill be looking for one before this coming winter. If we were to pull off a deal on you supplying me a plow my 3 main attachments would all have come from you haha.

Lane Ranger

Those rear tires  are probably 27 x 8:50 x 15  Goodyear tires that were original to the 1965  1054-A Wheel Horse tractors.    I have one tractor with them on it.  I also have a brand new never installed set on wheels in my basement for replacement.    The tread is different from a regular 15 inch car tire.   But as several folks mentioned a 15 inch car tire will work on these 15 wheels used on the  953/1054 and  GT 14 tractors that have 15 inch wheels.

post-339-0-87620600-1427974750_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-47374000-1427974765_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-43838500-1427974789_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Nice machine!

Are those passenger car tires?

Mike........

Yes those are car tires but I have a nice pair of ags from a gt14 will fit nicely

Shawn pretty soon your going to have to sell all your vehicles and use wheel horses to go pick up more wheel horses haha. Nice machine you got there!!

Would that plow fit a 300 series tractor? Ill be looking for one before this coming winter. If we were to pull off a deal on you supplying me a plow my 3 main attachments would all have come from you haha.

Lol paul. If you need a plow I do have one for you

Here's his partner I picked up last summerpost-8224-142797529606_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dhodge

post-13051-0-24980500-1427992262.jpgVery nice looking Wheel Horse.  Here is one I picked up over the winter months

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

attachicon.gif64 1054.JPGVery nice looking Wheel Horse. Here is one I picked up over the winter months

Sweet looking!!!

papaglide

Great looking tractor Shawn. I absolutely like the idea of a gear drive , hydro lift tractor with big wheels. The1054's are neater than the GT14' s in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

Against my better judgement, I may have to start to be on the look out for one!

• Like 1

papaglide

Yes those are car tires but I have a nice pair of ags from a gt14 will fit nicely.

Right on brother!

• Like 1

stevebo

Very nice Wonder why they repainted the hood only? There is a nice original patina hood for a 953 or 1054 on ebay right now. You may want to check that out and bring that machine back to it's original work clothes.

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Very nice Wonder why they repainted the hood only? There is a nice original patina hood for a 953 or 1054 on ebay right now. You may want to check that out and bring that machine back to it's original work clothes.

Yea unfortunately when I bought the tractor the hood was white and same with the plow and a few other things. It drove me nuts so I did a quick paint job to somewhat match it.

post-8224-142803523914_thumb.jpg

stevebo

The red sure does look better than the white but getting that original patina hood on there would be right. I am partial to original patina but the other half  of the members would say repaint the entire tractor :banghead: Either way I love the 953/1054's !! My favorite tractor show driver.

• Like 1