muz123

Where do you find good seats for your tractor?

muz123

I have a 520-h and it needs a new seat, i've been looking on sites on the internet and can't seem a good seat. I am looking for a seat with arm-rests like the original seat had. any good web-sites or ideas were to buy a seat? [0-220$ range]

Thanks,

Dave

bmsgaffer

Heres a pretty good recent thread on the matter.

• Like 1

WildHorses

I bought one from NorthernTool for my 520.

http://m.northerntool.com/products/shop~tools~product_200395377_200395377

It was on sale for $100 when I bought it, I may have had a coupon code also I can't remember. The only issue I have with it is that the back flops forward when I put gas in the mower, not a big deal but something you don't have with a rigid seat back. The plus side is you can leave it outside in the sun and fold it down and it's not baking hot 5 minutes later.
It also comes with the sliding track hardware so if yours is lpose or rusted solid you won't have to buy that.
It also comes with the sliding track hardware so if yours is loose or rusted solid you won't have to buy that.

Edit-I see my link doesn't work.  It's the same seat as the "surplus seat" but through Northern. 

Just do a search for the Universal Fold-Down Seat — Black, Model# 367040 Edited by danielbaute
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Except maybe...

that's a nice price.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

stevebo

About 5 years back Lowes carried a high back seat made by Arnold. They no longer carry them however you can find them elsewhere but they are expensive. Those were the best seat I used to buy.

muz123

Thanks, i think ill get the one off of surplus center because its a good price an it also has the arms.

dave...

stevebo

Matt-

That looks like a very hard seat. Do yourself a favor and step up on the price and buy one of those arnolds I was talking about.

squonk

That surplus center seat is the most comfy I ever sat on. I got 6 yrs. on it now and not a blemish on it.

• Like 2

grnlark

Matt-

That looks like a very hard seat. Do yourself a favor and step up on the price and buy one of those arnolds I was talking about.

Well, you know as well as I do that my 310 wont get tons of seat time. I'm more interested in a correct "look" that will be clean without looking totally "universal bolt-on" either. So, from a looks perspective, I'm not a big fan of the high back seats. I feel like I took my parents kitchen table arm chair, chopped off the legs and bolted it on my tractor.

Edited by grnlark

WildHorses

Well, you know as well as I do that my 310 wont get tons of seat time. I'm more interested in a correct "look" that will be clean without looking totally "universal bolt-on" either. So, from a looks perspective, I'm not a big fan of the high back seats. I feel like I took my parents kitchen table arm chair, chopped off the legs and bolted it on my tractor.

I don't like the look of the high back seats either.  I see some that look like they bolted a recliner on the rear fender pan.  The "surplus seat" really isn't any higher than a factory high back seat from Wheel Horse, it's actually a little shorter than the factory 520 seat, not by a lot but it was noticable. 

Edited by danielbaute
  • Like 1

muz123

I like the high back seats for comfort and for my back.

muz123

that seat does look real nice, but a little pricey  

Butch

Thanks, i think ill get the one off of surplus center because its a good price an it also has the arms.

dave...

I have that seat and love it. Very comfy and roomy. Love the arms to lean on. I've almost fallen

asleep in that seat numerous times!! It bolts right on.

• Like 2

muz123

I just ordered mine  :happy-jumpgreen:

robojoe9

I just bought one from Northern tool for my 310-8. $52 shipped. Very nice seat IMO. Will see how it holds up. Nothing fancy, just a low back similar to original. Bolted right up.

MU

• Like 1

nrwracing1

I got mine from tractor supply only 60 bucks and more comfortable than original.

• Like 1