rmaynard

Wheel Horse Brake Band Linings

rmaynard    6,923

With fewer and fewer parts becoming available from Toro, and higher prices for those parts, I have decided to offer on a regular basis the complete brake linings that I have been making off and on for the past couple of years. These linings are ready to just apply adhesive and install. I don't include adhesive, nor do I sell it. I use regular clear GE silicone adhesive caulk on mine. I clamp and allow 24 hours to dry. If I am in a hurry, I apply Goop brand adhesive, which is a contact cement and can be used immediately..

There is now only one version that fits both the #9593 brake band, and the #109371 band found on the newer dual action brakes. 

NEW_LINING_1.jpg

The holes in the lining have been replaced with recesses that fit over the rivet heads on #9593 bands, and they can be ignored on the 300/400/520 models.

Please click on the link below to be taken directly to my storefront to order.  Thanks!

CLICK HERE FOR ORDERING INFORMATION

Edited by rmaynard

rnsdoughty    0

Hi Bob: I decided that I could clean all the oil off my break band and lining; so I tried.  I soaked it in acetone and then scrubbed until the oil was gone.  What I found was that the break lining has worn down so that what I have left is a lining core with bits of metal showing and it is rather slick.  The lining that is on the break band is 10.5 inches by 1.5 inches by about .25 inches.  It is not glued to the band.  Instead it has two holes in the lining that are used for metal studs that hold it in place.

How much would the new lining cost?  And what type of glue do you use for securing the new lining in place?  Also, do you tear off the old worn liner or glue the new liner to it?

Rod

rmaynard    6,923

The linings were glued to the metal band when new. Many come loose or come off. The two rivets don't hold the lining in place, they only connect the L-shaped bracket to the band. Remove all of the old lining, sand off any residue and rust, then glue a new lining in place with silicone adhesive or other glue such as Goop. Instructions are included with each lining. Pricing and ordering details are found on my vendor page.

WHdbJD    0

Received my brake lining today, Thanks for the prompt shipment!

I've got some construction adhesive, brand name Liquid Nails.  I think

this will work to glue it to the bracket.

rmaynard    6,923

You can use any glue that remains flexible. I use regular clear silicone adhesive/caulk or Goop. Just be sure that both surfaces are clean before applying the adhesive.

rmaynard    6,923

Yes, your 308-8 uses the 9593 band, and this will fit.

rmaynard    6,923

Some changes have been made to the brake band lining. To simplify things, there is now ONE lining that fits both the #9593 and #109371 brake bands. The new lining does not have holes, but now has recesses that fit over the heads of the rivets on the #9593 bands. To use it on the 300/400/520 tractors, just ignore the recesses.

band1.jpgrecess.jpg

The prices is still the same.

• Like 3

rmaynard    6,923

As many of you know, I sold out of brake linings at the big show, but the good news is that I am again restocked and shipping. They can be found on eBay by searching Wheel Horse Brake Linings, or you can CLICK HERE to purchase at a discount from my RedSquare vendor page.

Thanks for your patronage as always. 

rmaynard    6,923

Yes it will fit. I've never used Gorilla glue, so I can't answer that question. 

rmaynard    6,923

Thanks for that info. I will look into the "malware" issue immediately.

Thanks for the eBay order. It will be mailed tomorrow morning.

Edited by rmaynard

pen414    8
Posted (edited)

Received one of these from you last week for my 414-8, and it is working great. 

Used brake cleaner to prep and had a tube of the Permatex Motoseal Ultimate gasket maker open and used that as the adhesive and seems to have worked well.

Thank you!

Edited by pen414
  • Like 2

JC 1965    1,048

I recently ordered one of these brake linings from bob and it works great also. Bob is a great guy to deal with.  (  Thanks Bob  )    :thumbs2:

• Like 1

rmaynard    6,923

Thanks for the kind words. I just received a large supply of brake material on Friday (5/19) so I will have enough for the big show and then some. If you are coming to the big show this year, be sure to buy your raffle and door prize tickets as I am donating several brake linings to be used as door prizes.

• Like 1

hcminis    323

Bob, please contact me regarding a brake band for a 701.

317-491-3106