Lane Ranger

I finally installed the pre-1969 Mid-Mount Grader Blade on my 1993 Wheel Horse 314

Lane Ranger

I bought an older 40 inch Mid-Mount Grader Blade several months ago and  also bought a lift link from one of the Red Square members that was making the early model lift link (#5678).  I finally got around to installing it on the 314 Wheel Horse after I had removed my snowplow.  

The Mid-Mount Grader Blade attached fine on the front attach-a-matic but I was not really sure how the lift link was to be installed and which hole in the rock shaft on the 314 needed to be used to give the lift link the ability to have downward pressure with the lift handle.   I finally realized it need to attach to the third hole in the upper rock shaft lift (the same hole the trunion for the chain link the holds up the T bar used to lift the mower decks).  Easy to access thru the front panel on the 314 justy remove the two Phillips head machine screws and remove the trunion pin and install  lift link for the Mid-Mount Grader Blade.

My grader blade also has a nice feature that a previous owner installed - a welded steel  plate/tab with hole  for a hitch pin to place it in the rear slot hitch of a Wheel Horse .

Here are some pics of this on the tractor.

post-339-0-08146700-1427766630_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-28298200-1427766642_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-43075000-1427766656_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-86636400-1427766690_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-94078100-1427766703_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

KC9KAS

Very nice Lane.

• Like 1

squonk

When I built the mid grader for my 704 I didn't have the solid link as the blade was super heavy. One day I decided to try it on a C-160. bolted right up and didn't need to change a thing.

• Like 1

Ken B

Very nice Lane!

• Like 1

can whlvr

nice setup lane,looks like you got a bunch of weight on her,it helps a lot :thumbs:

• Like 1

Racinbob

That's pretty cool Lane. It really hit me when I noticed that welded tab to use it with a slot hitch. I had one of those that was sold in the auction in North Liberty. I had welded a tab on mine as well.

• Like 1