rmaynard

LUG NUT KITS - Coming soon!

slammer302

sounds great Bob!!!

cleat

Lug nuts/studs are the way to go. Trying to start the first one or two lug bolts is a pita especially if the tires are loaded.

Cleat

Pullstart

agreed Cleat. lots a crafty work with the jack and neutral to get everything lined up! 

squonk

One of the first things I do when I get a new tractor is switch to lug nuts!  :thumbs:

• Like 1

redrooster

What's the advantage of lug nuts? I like the look of the factory bolts and they would look great if they were chromed.

Terry M

I've been trying to come up with something like this for my Lawn Rangers..   But having a hard time finding the right size lug nuts... :handgestures-thumbdown:  

Racinbob

What's the advantage of lug nuts? I like the look of the factory bolts and they would look great if they were chromed.

With lug nuts it's easier than trying to hold the tire/wheel in place and get a bolt started. I'm using bolts and stainless closed end acorn lug nuts on my Suburban. :)

Edited by Racinbob

cleat

Growing up on the farm, some of our hay wagons had lug bolts as well.

Holding those heavy wheels in just the right place to start the bolts soon made me a firm believer in lug nuts.

Cleat

953 nut

:twocents-twocents:  Studs and lug nuts is the only way to go, I'm getting too old to be lifting and holding wheels in place!  :text-bravo: 

KC9KAS

With lug nuts it's easier than trying to hold the tire/wheel in place and get a bolt started. I'm using bolts and stainless closed end acorn lug nuts on my Suburban. :)

I was thinking of a chrome lug nut from an auto parts place to make them look a little nicer!

tunahead72

You mean, like Bob provides in his kits? :dunno:

speedyleedy

How much are the kit's going to be Bob ?

gwest_ca

Many years ago I wanted to try chains on the 701 instead of the ag tires. Had a pair of 14" metric wheels off a front wheel drive Oldsmobile, Buick or Cadillac. There is only .020" difference in the bolt pattern and the heavy offset requires the wheels to be mounted backwards. I think I used longer bolts than the 1-1/2" and added to the threads with a die. Instal the bolt, added the lug nut backwards with the taper out, the wheel backwards with a flat washer and regular nut to mount the wheel. Worked well.

Garry 

rmaynard

How much are the kit's going to be Bob ?

Probably in the $18.00 to $20.00 range. I'm just waiting for everything to arrive so that I can get a weight for calculating postage.

EDIT:  I got the bolts in today, and the lug nuts will be here soon, but I did have enough to get a weight. Seems that the postage rates have really gone up since the last time I sold them. The cheapest rate is USPS Priority Small Flat Rate box. My cost is $5.25.

So, I am going to price them at $17.50 plus $5.25 S&H. However, if you are interested in more than one kit, I can get up to 5 kits in one box.

I will have them at the WHCC show in June. No shipping cost if you pick them up there.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 2

KC9KAS

I was thinking something that look like these.....

sum-7540163_m.jpg

SALTYWRIGHT

SOME WHEEL HORSES HAVE 1/2 INCH X 20 BOLTS AND SOME HAVE 9/16 X 18 BOLTS. SO PLAN TO HAVE 3 SIZES. I HAVE DONE THIS TO MY WHEEL HORSES FOR OVER 50 YEARS.

rmaynard

I understand what you are saying Russ, but since I have a bulk source for 7/16-20 lug nuts, and since the majority of models use 7/16", that is what I am supplying. To source a few 1/2" and a few 9/16" sets would not be cost effective.

bmsgaffer

I'll be in for a couple sets at least! :handgestures-thumbupright:

rmaynard

I made an error in the post. These lug nuts are zinc-plated, not chrome. Original post has been changed.

Coadster32

In need of a set...waiting patiently. :icecream:

rmaynard

I'll be in for a couple sets at least! :handgestures-thumbupright:

In need of a set...waiting patiently. :icecream:

Thanks. Kits are ready to ship now.

ORDER KITS HERE

Coadster32

All set...thanks.

Racinbob

Bob, I definitely understand not wanting to carry different sizes but what about 6 lug kits for those who need that? Your pricing is very fair and sometimes full thread grade 5 bolts can be a bit hard to find. :)

rmaynard

Bob, I definitely understand not wanting to carry different sizes but what about 6 lug kits for those who need that? Your pricing is very fair and sometimes full thread grade 5 bolts can be a bit hard to find. :)

Let me know what you need (as long as it is 7/16-20) and I will put together a kit and price it accordingly.