shallowwatersailor

Valspar Tractor Paint

shallowwatersailor

I stopped in my local (10 miles away!) Ace and still found Valspar on the shelf. The next closest Ace stopped carrying it. I always liked Valspar when TSC carried it. Is it still available or should I go and clear the shelf?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I'd clean 'em out if I were you.   :teasing-poke: 

Sparky

I'd clean 'em out if I were you.   :teasing-poke: 

I disagree with Craig...don't clean em out, leave the green an yeller paint behind.. :grin: .. for someone else !

Mike.........

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Well yeah, that's a given... :handgestures-thumbsup:  

especially all the Craftsman green.  

squonk

The IH red that Valspar made is gone. VOC laws forced their hand.

Jake Kuhn

I don't know if they still make it, but it is still available on amazon.com in a 6 pack for $30. I did always like it better than rustoleum. I have also heard, but not sure if its true that the john deere spray paint is made by valspar, and for some odd reason john deere sells IH red in rattle cans. Neither of these I have tried purchasing, but may plan to in the future

specialwheelhorse

Just bought a gallon , quart and a bomb a local country hardware had

So I told the owner say goodby to this NLA he said are you sure

Got the Valspar man back here so we will see. Val man said still got a lot of stock

Yet so hardware man said IM RESTOCKING. Might slip back over and

See if he's got a couple more gallon. $ 38 something a gallon.

rmaynard

Just be sure of what you are getting. Valspar Tractor & Implement paint is not the same Restoration Series. Although both were alkyd (oil based) paints, the Restoration Series was a different formula. Tractor and Implement is still available on Amazon.com and other retail outlets.

stevebo

I have used both the resto and regular Valspar paint. IMO I like the regular better. It is a darker red and the resto has an orangy tint to it.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Since I have a new Case-IH dealer in my back yard, I am trying Case-IH Red 2150 to touch up the 416-H. So far it appears to be a nice match, and for only $18.00/qt., the price is okay too.

shallowwatersailor

Just checked. It is the Tractor and Implement stock number. I do have one can of Restoration left so I might try a "Taste-Test" this week. They did have spray bomb, quarts and gallons on the shelf of the Tractor and Implement.

I disagree with Craig...don't clean em out, leave the green an yeller paint behind.. :grin: .. for someone else !

Mike.........

Who in their right mind would degrade a tractor and paint it green and yellow!  :teasing-tease:

• Like 1

niftynoah

i just bought a can of the valspar IH farm and implement at a local auto parts store 2 days ago,guess im going to go back and buy a couple more before they are gone.