grnlark

My New 310-8

slammer302

310 is a great WH got to love the smooth running of a mag 10

• Like 1

grnlark

310 is a great WH got to love the smooth running of a mag 10

Purrs like a kitten. Very impressive indeed.

slammer302

You are right about the small tires I would go bigger if the small ones are not needed for the deck

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Hey.Nice 310-8.I've got a couple of them around here some where.They're a pretty nice Horse.Have fun with your new toy.

PaulC

man that baby is clean!!!

not sure why everyone dogs on the 6" front tires on the 300 series I have them on both of my 312's and they don't bother me one bit?  :eusa-think:

anyway nice score!!

• Like 2

pfrederi

I use my 310-8 as a tow machine have a 2" receiver hitch on the back.   I changed the spindles and put on 8" wheels.  They ride better on the rougher terrain I have to drive over.

WH nut

So whats it worth? :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

jeff lary

nice one great find !!. My brother has the 310 and I have the 312 . Good luck Jeff

seve

Saw that one on Craigslist and it looked nice enough. I think the guy was asking around $600 or something like that down Fairfield way. I thought about looking at it but I already have a 310, 2 312's & a B100. Just didn't needwant another machine in that HP range. Really nice one though. Enjoy!

pfrederi

I paid $51 for my 310-8. She needed new front tires, battery and a seat. Cleaned the carb and she runs great. (Not nearly as pretty as this one here.)

Racinbob

Looks just about showroom fresh. Beautiful.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Very nice Matt.   :thumbs:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I was going to say the same thing as RacinBob...looks like it is right off the show room floor Matt.  I did not think those finds were still out east.  :)

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

I was going to say the same thing as RacinBob...looks like it is right off the show room floor Matt.  I did not think those finds were still out east.  :)

They are around and do pop up for high dollars usually. However, all you guys in CT must be real particular. Usually the nicest one owner tractors show up in your state that I see on the site. Great find and great detailing!

boovuc

I don't know about that. This beauty only cost me 50 bucks and it is also in showroom condition. Oh.....what! I mean its in bathroom condition!

Matt! That machine you have is beautiful! No wonder it's being retired! Thanks for posting the pics!

post-940-0-09984600-1427502833_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

BOWTIE

NICE 310 REPAINT THE MUFFLER AND YOUR THERE. IF YOU GO 8" FRONTS, DON'T YOU NEED TO CHANGE TO THE SHORTER FRONT SPINDLES. WHAT A GREAT TRACTOR

grnlark

NICE 310 REPAINT THE MUFFLER AND YOUR THERE. IF YOU GO 8" FRONTS, DON'T YOU NEED TO CHANGE TO THE SHORTER FRONT SPINDLES. WHAT A GREAT TRACTOR

Yes, I have 8" rims and tires as well as the shorter spindles on their way. I'm looking for a nice set of 23x10.5-12 turfs on 10" rims for the rear. I was originally hoping to go with 24x12-12's in the rear, but due to the fuel tank location under the seat I'm pretty positive I'll have clearance issues.

Edited by grnlark

Foozerush

I got a 310-8 for mowing duty at the rental. This will be my second year with it.... Very happy with it.... I do enjoy the smoother ride with my 416-8 than the 310-8 with the smaller tires. My back can tell a difference. The only reason I haven't gone bigger tires is because the 37" deck cuts great and leaves a nice finish look.... And going to a bigger deck for bigger tires would only take away seat time on it.... lol..... 68ffbd827f6b0116850c138df1461d26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

tunahead72

... My typical anal-retentive cleaning process has begun - as well as the parts ordering (for every little thing that just annoys me - like the cloudy gas cap for example)...  

Very nice. :handgestures-thumbup:

When you're done with yours, you can start on mine next.  I'm a bit anal retentive too, but lazy. :)

• Like 1

tunahead72

I got a 310-8 for mowing duty at the rental. This will be my second year with it.... Very happy with it.... I do enjoy the smoother ride with my 416-8 than the 310-8 with the smaller tires. My back can tell a difference. The only reason I haven't gone bigger tires is because the 37" deck cuts great and leaves a nice finish look.... And going to a bigger deck for bigger tires would only take away seat time on it.... lol.....

68ffbd827f6b0116850c138df1461d26.jpg

Interesting...

I've had my 310-8 since it was new.  I never paid much attention to the 6" vs. 8" front wheel question until I saw this photo.

Hmm...  Smoother ride, easier on my back, looks real nice...  Time to hit the Search function on RedSquare, do some research, maybe form a committee...

Edited by tunahead72

Racinbob

I actually thought the smaller wheels were just a cost reduction thing. Does the 37" deck hang further forward than the 36, 42 or 48? I didn't know they put a gas cap with a gauge on this model. Now I'm wondering if it would work on my 2005 Classic GT. :) 

Foozerush

Racinbob, the deck is sorta cocked at an angle, so sitting on the tractor the left side would hit the front tire turning is what I have read. This pic is off google, so I didn't have to go across town to the rental to get a pic to show.... So if you imagine the tractor on the hanger, you can see the deck is sorta cocked..... 17deb4b28dca9e34d26b3a6f4a60107e.jpg

• Like 1

Foozerush

I forgot to mention, I think they did come with a gage on the gas cap.... How I know is on mine, the clear part is cracked and leaks bad when tank is more than half full, and the rubber float if still in the tank I noticed before I last mowed there last fall, now to figure out if all the bottom pieces from the gage are in the tank also. I did get a new used regular cap from Kelly I have to take over yet and install.....

grnlark

There's a guy on the Wheel Horse Junkies Facebook group that sells the gas caps with the gauges new in both 6.5" and 9" length. It was $18. All the pics look 100% identical. Should be here in a few days. Will post a pic.

Edited by grnlark
  • Like 1